AMITA Health is a faith-based healthcare network in Illinois, with 19 hospitals, 23 immediate care centers, 80 clinics and outpatient facilities and 25,000+ associates. The name AMITA is inspired by words from several languages and embodies the core values: friendship in Italian, honesty and truth in Hebrew, and spiritual light and boundlessness in Hindi. If you are passionate about bringing care to people, and would like to make a positive impact on your communities, you will feel at home with AMITA Health. Professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training, and competitive wages add up to the employment package of AMITA Health, focusing on paid time off, medical plan, disability plan, life insurance, flexible spending, employee assistance, wellness program and retirement plan.
We Are Hiring
We Are Hiring
Come, join AMITA as a Medical Assistant and start living and loving your calling!
Full Time/ Competitive Pay/ Comprehensive Benefits
Join our team of dedicated, highly valued Medical Assistants at AMITA Health Woodridge Ambulatory Center in Family Practice area.
Why Join AMITA
More than a job: Working for AMITA is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
Strength in our People: At AMITA, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
Mission and Values: As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are inspired by the mission and values of AMITA to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially those in our communities who are most in need.
Medical Assistant Schedule
This is a full-time position and schedule is: Mon 8am to 5pm. Tuesday is rotating with Saturday 8am to 12;30pm. Wed 8am to 5pm. Thurs 8am to 3pm. Fri 8am to 4:30pm.
Why Join AMITA?
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
* Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
* Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
* Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
* Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
* You must be comfortable and experienced with giving vaccines and injections and doing blood draws.
* You are comfortable with phone triage.
* You must be a team player!
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcare Association (NHA) or American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) also accepted.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Highly prefer a Medical Assistant Diploma or years of experience
We are open to recent Medical Assistant graduates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.