Physicians Immediate Care, otherwise called Physicians Urgent Care, was established in mid-1987 in Rockford III, under the authority of John J. Koehler, M.D. Today the organization is driven by Stan Blaylock, President & CEO, & Dr. Koehler, Founder & CMO. For over 30 years, they have been devoted to providing affordable and high-quality medical care to the community. PIC values their employees and aims at creating and providing a workplace that truly nurtures the professional spirit of the team members. They also strive to offer several benefits to them, including but not limited to creating a balance between work life and family life. They also offer flexible time schedules to accommodate personal commitments. Employees and their family members are also provided free in-house medical facilities, besides a good salary package.
Physicians Urgent Care, also known as Physicians Immediate Care, is a Midwest leader in Urgent Care and Occupational Health Services with over 40 locations in Illinois and Indiana. The Billing Center for these clinics is located in Greentree, PA
. We are a growing company and currently have a full time Medical Billing Specialist
The Specialist will report directly to one of the team leads and the Billing Manager. This position is responsible for gathering for billing using all applicable systems including practice management (PM) system, electronic health records (EHR) system, and online payer portals.
The Billing Specialist is responsible to:
- Research all information needed to complete billing process including getting charge information from Physicians/Providers
- Review and add charge information into data entry program, process electronic data batches, and produce billing
- Maintain required billing records, reports, and files
- Maintain strict confidentiality and compliance with all company and government policies and regulations
Education: High School diploma required; Billing & Coding Certificate and 1 year of experience preferred
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge: Must be experienced with all phases of healthcare billing including:
- Expertise in electronic billing
- Proficient with computer skills- computer programs, spreadsheets, and applications
- Excellent customer service skills
At Physicians Immediate Care you will enjoy full benefits including a generous wellness plan, a company matched 401K plan, a Monday through Friday schedule with a great work-life balance. Come join our team!
- Minimum of one year medical billing experience in a healthcare organization