Engility was launched in 2012 as an independent company made up of leading businesses within L-3's Government Services segments: including MPRI, Command & Control Systems and Software (C2S2), Global Security & Engineering Solutions (GS&ES), Linguist Operations & Technical Support (LOTS) and Engility Corporation and International Resources Group (IRG).
SAIC is looking to hire Medical Coding Support Clerks to assist Coding Compliance Specialists through mitigating revenue loss and waste due to lack of interoperability of existing Military Health System (MHS) medical systems.
* Monitors different ambulatory and inpatient medical information processes and systems to identify professional services performed on specific dates
* Locates clinical documentation to support the service performed, create appointments or encounters in the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or other military medical system
* Embeds, scans, or otherwise transfers the identified clinical information to an appropriate medical information system to enable enterprise visibility of the professional service for patient continuity of care and medical coding activities.
* Monitors and identifies missing or incomplete documentation, alerting the clinical staff and/or MTF Coding Manager for further action.
* High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency.
* At least 30 semester hours' university/college credit that includes relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology. Successful completion of a course for medical technicians, hospital corpsmen, medical service specialists, or hospital training, obtained in a training program given by the Armed Forces or the U.S. Maritime Service under close medical and professional supervision, may be substituted on a month-for-month basis;
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in medical office or health information management duties, including but not limited to, scheduling and medical records functions.
* Basic knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques for establishing internal control activities (for example, authorizations, verifications, reconciliations), monitoring their use, and evaluating their performance (for example, identification of material weaknesses or significant deficiencies). Identifies a need for and knows where or how to gather information; organizes and maintains information or information management systems.
* Competent in use of standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automation systems, to perform a substantial range of medical record maintenance support. Uses computers, software applications, databases, and automated systems to accomplish work. A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required. Knowledge of filing, typing, entering data, maintaining records, and using and completing forms.
* Basic knowledge of general medical ethics and telephone etiquette.
* Identifies rules, principles, or relationships that explain facts, data, or other information; analyzes information and makes correct inferences or draws accurate conclusions. Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
* Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience; uses correct English grammar to organize and communicate ideas in words verbally or in writing that are appropriate to listeners and situations; uses body language appropriately.
* Quickly and accurately sees detail in words, numbers, pictures, and graphs. Understands and interprets written material, including technical material, rules, regulations, instructions, reports, charts, graphs, or tables; applies learning from written material to specific situations.
* Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Displays a high level of effort and commitment towards performing work; demonstrates responsible behavior. Displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
* Ability to read, interpret medical documentation, and understand medical terminology for both outpatient and inpatient services. Reviews medical records when needed for clarification of medical treatment, history of illness, medical tests, accident information or any other clarification for billing purposes. Basic knowledge and understanding of medical records terminology and operations; Privacy Act; Freedom of Information Act; and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements;
* Requirements include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending. Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds and reach high shelving units with the assistance of stepladders to retrieve and file medical records.
* Selected applicants must do the following before starting, based on government requirements
* Pass a pre-employment typing test IAW the requirements of the PWS.
* Provide proof of specific vaccinations and CPR training that are required to work at the medical facility.
* Applicant will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet the eligibility