ESSENDANT Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of business products. We strive for more than just success— we believe in building partnerships that transcend with our internal and external customers. Our business wouldn’t be thriving without our hardworking employees. If you have a passion to strive for more, ability to generate ideas, and want to grow your career— we motivate you to join our organization. We encourage our employees to utilize internal relations: team support, training, and mentoring. We value and appreciate our employees. We are one team. We are Essendant.
Deerfield, IL (FSC)
Deerfield, IL, USA
* Build a strategic external and internal Customer Support model for inventory inquiries and stocking analysis.
* Recommends and implements improvements in overall structure and KPIs to streamline processes supporting customer inventory inquiries.
* Ensure policy adherence for Commit SKUs and Commit agreement management.
* Understand business needs in order to create and establish a sustainable and scalable inventory stocking model designed for customer sales growth.
* Engages in the design, implementation and optimization of inventory stocking strategies supporting next day fulfillment models while leveraging the technology to ensure maximum benefits being reached.
* Manages and maintains daily processes and procedures within all aspects of the inventory team to achieve excellence in service provided
* Collaborates with cross-functionals leaders across the organization to establish and improve cross-functional processes as well as with the direct end-user. Primary focus on improving customer inventory fill rate experience.
* Actively guides, mentors, and develops project managers
* Ensures timely and accurate performance of tasks daily
* Collaborates with Inventory Analytics team to develop and manage various team reports (KPIs) to understand team performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
* Alignment, tracking, reporting and delivery to objectives and KPIs while level setting performance accountability and expectations
* Provides guidance to employees with issue resolution, being resourceful, and working with other relevant teams such as Sales, Merchandising, Operations, and Customer Care in an attempt to achieve expedient results
* Studies schedules and estimate time, cost, and services to understand cost to serve.
* Develop benchmarks and implements processes for monitoring progress on work activities, such as incoming work volume, completion rates, and pending requests to ensure all inquiries flowing into the team are handled in a timely and accurate manner
* Establish proper follow-up methodology with any and all relevant parties and makes sure inquiries do not slip in the cracks
* Recruits, hires, trains, and new and existing evaluates employee performance, and initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions accordingly
* Implement service level standards and administer clear performance metrics and targets
* Document and execute to various customer-based and organizational SLAs
* Motivate and empower staff through effective and open communication, performance feedback and teambuilding - Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives, assignments, and long-range goals of the organization.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Must possess ability to work and think in a cross-functional dynamic matrix environment
* Demonstrated ability to review and analyze appropriate data order to effectively communicate business performance as well as team performance with daily workload
* Confidant in leading change; establishing a sense of purpose and urgency; gaining and sustaining momentum
* Strong problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects
* Advanced knowledge of customer management principles is required.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to lead / participate in numerous cross-functional projects is required.
* Advanced skills. Experience with system testing and replenishment tools; Core demand planning and replenishment system administration and operation (forecasting / PO's).
* Intermediate/Advanced skill with MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors degree required, with a focus on Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance or a
related field. Masters degree preferred.
* 10 15 years
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
*Posted:* December 20, 2019