Homans Associates (HA) is a subsidiary of the largest independent HVAC/R distribution company in the world, Watsco, Inc. We proudly distribute the Mitsubishi and Bryant brands of HVAC equipment, as well as a full-line of HVAC residential and commercial parts, supplies, and accessories. We have locations throughout New England, New York, and New Jersey. We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Mitsubishi Product Specialist in Wallingford, CT. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
Company Website: http://www.homans.com
- Position will entail overseeing all Mitsubishi business for the Ductless M&P (residential & light commercial), as well as the VRF Commercial product lines
- Be the Mitsubishi expert by supporting sales growth of Mitsubishi products through consulting mechanical contractors and by marketing, specifying and the selection of Mitsubishi product lines.
- Provide quotes, project design & application utilizing the Mitsubishi Design System Builder program, efficiency comparisons utilizing Energy Estimator tool, website(s) navigation and use, as well as other sales/marketing resources or tools
- Cultivate new customers and business opportunities (mechanical contractors, residential contractors, builders, engineers, owner direct accounts etc.)
- Lead, train and support the outside sales organization and branch personnel by providing technical support and application information on all Mitsubishi products and services.
- Seek new business opportunities by responding to new customer inquiries and the marketing of new products and services
- Analyze the territory, develop, execute, and monitor sales programs
- Work with Mitsubishi customers to maximize advertising programs and resources
- Be a liaison between Mitsubishi personnel, Homans Associates management and your customer base. Work with Homans technical department, marketing department, and management team to ensure the needs of your customers are met
- Assist branch staff with their development of product knowledge, proper product design and selection, proficiency with use of Mitsubishi design programs, quotes, marketing and sales programs, with the ultimate goal of increasing sales and market share
- Work closely with Homans Territory Manager to grow Mitsubishi sales in a collaborative effort
- Work with management to provide market feedback and intelligence in an effort to grow sales, and meet fiscal sales goals
- AA/AS degree with 5-10+ years of experience --OR-
- BA/BS degree with 2-5+ years of experience.
- BA/BS degree with 2-5+ years of HVAC experience or knowledge of HVAC preferred
- High sense of urgency, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a team player who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Highly energetic, motivated self-starter able to work with minimal direction from management
- Strong business, technical and problem-solving skills needed
- Must exude the utmost of integrity and high-performance standards
- Proficient with a PC and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint