Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
In this exciting role, you will support O&M for the Claims Management System (CMS) and the VCF program.
Engage the services of C#, ASP.NET WEB Designer/Developers to design & develop new WEB modules as well as enhance existing modules within the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund (VCF) Claims Management System (CMS) applications.
You will work directly with the client as part of the agile development team with a focus on Reporting solutions.
• Work in a scrum team environment to develop and unit test stories as part of sprint and releases using VB.NET, ASP.NET & .NET Development Tools including troubleshooting
• Maintain software code by modifying functionality, changing system interfaces, complying with standards, fixing errors, and tracking changes in the configuration mgmt. system.
• Assist in the creation of user stories, prototypes and validation of test scenarios
• Identify potential issues and limitations; monitor and improve performance
• Suggest improvements in applications & database infrastructure where appropriate
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Mentorship. 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, mentorship and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in you, our workforce, through:
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in.
• Strong programming skills with Microsoft .Net along with a solid understanding of developing code to interact with relational databases.
• Experience with MSSQL database, identifies potential impacts to the data when new development or other code changes are discussed, understanding data & underlying structures, including historical data, data gaps, and data anomalies.
• Experience with Multi-tiered custom application design & development.
• Familiar with HTML 4 and 5, AJAX, REST, jQuery, Microsoft SQL T/SQL
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Superior customer service skills
• Security Clearance: Public Trust
Experience with Agile, specific to SCRUM/KANBAN methodology
• Prior experience working in multiple environments (Development, Testing, Pre Production, and Production) is preferable.
• Experience with CI/CD/DevOPS and/or automated unit testing
• Experience in working with Team Foundation Server (TFS), CI/CD/Dev Ops solutions and/or automated unit testing
Company - Public (IBM)