Aurora Flight Sciences is an aeronautics research firm. It manufactures unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. The company is a subsidiary of Boeing, which mainly specializes in designing and constructing special-purpose aerial vehicles. Aurora Flight Sciences features piloted aircraft, unmanned aircraft systems, and aerostructure products to aircraft companies. The firm plans and develops aerospace vehicles for military and commercial applications. John S. Langford III founded Aurora Flight Sciences in 1989, and its headquarter is located in Manassas, Virginia, United States. The firm currently employs more than 800 employees and operates in more than 5 locations; Cambridge, Massachusetts, Bridgeport, West Virginia, and Mississippi. Aurora Flight Sciences provides paid vacations, healthcare benefits, and other perks to its employees.
Aurora is seeking an experienced network engineer with demonstrated experience supporting increasingly complex networks of distributed organizations. The criticality of Aurora's network is exponentially increasing as the organization grows, invents, and develops next generation autonomous systems. Reliable connectivity for collaboration, including transferring large datasets 400GB+ between engineers, is paramount to the work of Aurora.
Ideal candidates will:
* Effectively translate business strategies into forward thinking technical solutions.
* Have the knowledge and skills to engineer, implement, troubleshoot, and support network technologies and solutions using the latest industry best practices.
* Collaborate with InfoSec to build in security best practices to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability; protecting against modern security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Designs, builds, configures, troubleshoots, and optimizes highly available and secure Cisco wired and wireless network infrastructures
* Responsible for concept to installation network engineering. Including: defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards, system configuration design & review; performing system installation
* Maximizes network performance by designing for performance and future needs, monitoring and troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling and performing upgrades
* Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
* 5+ Years of Networking Experience, with emphasis on Cisco device.
* Cisco Routing & Switching (CCNA) or Cisco Data Center (CCNA).
* Cisco Service Provider (CCNA) or Wireless (CCNA).
* B.S. in Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience.
* In depth knowledge of networking protocols, emphasis on large data transfers, multicast, and real time engineering data.
* Experience with enterprise-level network in engineering and/or design roles.
* Demonstrated experience with configuration of VLAN , network segmentation, routing, Site-to-Site and Client VPNs, Wireless, network security, data center & core networking, and virtualization.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy operations environment and work towards strategic business goals.
* Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen/US Permanent Resident Green Card Holder).
* Cisco Routing & Switching (CCNP), Cisco Data Center (CCNP) or Cisco Wireless (CCNP) is considered a plus.
* Expert knowledge of ASA, FirePower, IOS, Wired & Wireless Security, Content Security, Data Loss Prevention and how it relates to an enterprise-level networks.
* High Performance Computing (HPC) networking, distributed collaboration tools, solidworks collaboration products, WAN accelerators such as steelhead, Azure & AWS, Wireless spectrum analysis.
* Comfort in managing vendors and the requirements associated with vendor provided software products.
* Experience with the development of communications and training related to enterprise network usage.
* Physically lift/move up to 40 lbs. at chest level.