Engility was launched in 2012 as an independent company made up of leading businesses within L-3's Government Services segments: including MPRI, Command & Control Systems and Software (C2S2), Global Security & Engineering Solutions (GS&ES), Linguist Operations & Technical Support (LOTS) and Engility Corporation and International Resources Group (IRG).
Job Description - Network Systems Engineer (189959)Network Systems Engineer (189959)
: United States-Virginia-Springfield
: United States-Missouri-St LouisPosition Type: FulltimeMinimum Clearance: TS/SCI
: Yes, 10 % of the TimeRelocation: No
Engility seeks a Network Systems Engineer develop telecommunications solutions involving computer and communications equipment. This position will analyze network alternatives and develop recommendations for improvements.
- Support the analysis, design, testing, and evaluation of network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems. Support network modeling, analysis, and planning
- Active TS/SCI clearance and willing and able to pass a polygraph exam
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program
- Academic degrees may be substituted for years of experience, and years of experience may be substituted for academic degrees:
- 2 years of school = 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience = 1 year of school
- 6 to 12 years of working experience in cloud-based systems architecting
- Network technology course/certification in TCP/IP with applied understanding of the following: Roles of devices in TCP/IP network, Details of IP, ARP, TCP, ICMP and UDP, Functions of FTP, HTTP, Telnet and other applications of TCP/IP, Use of Voice over IP or VoIP, email messaging and multicasting, Troubleshooting for TCP/IP issues at each network layer
- Network technology course/certification in one or more areas:
- Configuring TCP/IP on server computers
- Managing and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP
- Installing and configuring network and software infrastructure
- Configuring and managing device routing and remote access
- Monitoring and maintain network infrastructure
About Engility:Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.EEO Statement:Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here.