Naperville is a suburb of Chicago in Illinois. It is recognized as one of the ideal communities to settle down, retire or raise a family. It has an excellent quality of life and has a thriving economy. The job opportunities available in the city of Naperville include automotive technician, deputy director, engineers, utility technician- collection and pumping. The company’s employees get benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) or Fire/Police Pension Programs, Deferred Compensation Investment Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Additional Voluntary Benefits, Paid Time Off and Holidays, and Service and Recognition Awards.
The City of Naperville is looking for a Network Systems Manager to work with department leadership as IT is undergoing a transformation to a cloud-centric environment. Recently completed was a migration to Exchange Online, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business. Windows10 deployment, as well as a SaaS ERP project, are all underway. As a member of the prestigious What Works Cities
initiative, the City of Naperville provides improved service for their residents through data and evidence. This has resulted in launched Open Data and Performance Management portals.
As part of the IT team, the Network Systems Manager will plan, direct and review the activities of the city's Network Systems Division, and will be responsible for the management, acquisition, installation, support and maintenance of all network servers, network electronics, related services, and ultimately all Local and Wide Area Networks. Additionally, the Network Systems Manager is responsible for allocation and management all virtual machines either on premises or in the cloud Duties
Some of the responsibilities of the Network Systems Manager include:
- Overseeing the management of all Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems.
- Managing the procurement, acquisition, installation, support, maintenance, inventory and disposal of all network electronics for all LAN and WAN systems, including all related hardware, software, and services.
- Overall management of all network systems projects including project planning, time lines, budget, risk management, and close out.
- Managing the technical aspects of the city's Internet and Intranet systems, including associated hardware, software and communications.
- Managing network system personnel, including providing and coordinating staff training.
- Working with the Customer Support Manager to coordinate and manage all PC training for customers/users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS, Business or a related field required.
- Five to seven years' experience in the management of multi-site LAN/WAN networks, including two years of significant supervisory and administrative experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted.
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Cisco Certified Net ware Engineer, or Cisco certification is preferred.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 146,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It's also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories. In return for your "great service all the time,"
we'll provide you with a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at .
- provided by Dice Network Systems Manager LAN WAN networks Cisco PMP PC project management professional