WTVD-TV, The ABC owned station in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, is seeking to hire a News Operations Manager that will support the news operation and help lead the department in the next era of newsgathering. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-platform news environment, gathering and delivering content with multiple technologies.Responsibilities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Manage the logistical/technical operations of the news department including the management, scheduling, and news gathering functions of the following news personnel: Media managers, editors, photographers, and transmission operators
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide operational support for news personnel
- Maintain skill and proficiency of news staff by developing and implementing regular training exercises
- Work closely with News Director and Director of Technology/Engineering on capital initiatives and future-proofing the news operation
- Function as technical liaison between news and Broadcast Technology/Engineering departments
- Coordinate live, remote events with news, programming, and engineering departments
- Interface with third party vendors and support technicians
- Adhere to Disney policies and best practices for a broadcast/news environment
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Be able to function efficiently in a modern, fast-paced newsroom environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage changing priorities and deadlines under pressure.
- Understand and have experience with modern news-gathering and transmission technologies (live streaming, bonded cellular, IP over KU-band satellite, accelerated data transfer services).
- Show a desire to expand their knowledge with the latest technology in news gathering.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
- Team player with a great attitude with the ability to interact with and build strong relationships across multiple levels of employees and clients within and outside the organization
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Dalet Galaxy (Media Asset Management system) and OneCut
- Ross Overdrive and Xpression
- ENG/SNG gathering vehicles and technologies (Microwave, satellite, bonded cellular, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Software Products
WTVD-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.Basic Qualifications :
TBDCompany Overview :