Middle East Broadcasting Networks is a news organization in North Africa and the Middle East that delivers its content in the Arabic Language. The organization comprises two major television networks - Alhurra-Iraq and Alhurra; Maghreb Voices.com, Sawa radio, Irfaasawtak.com among other social media platforms. Middle East Broadcasting Networks enjoy an audience of over 27.5 million people in a week across the regions. The organization’s mission is to further opinions, ideas, and available perspectives in media across the Middle East and North Africa. The Company’s vision is to provide accurate, objective, and relevant information and news to accurately American policies, Americans, and America. Middle East Broadcasting Networks promotes values of freedom and democracy. When working with the organization, the compensation is always good, and importantly the organization offers a work-life balance. The organization's Employee benefits include vacation policy, retirement benefit, and insurance benefits.The job opportunities are Broadcast Technician, Broadcast Engineer, IT Specialist – TV Broadcasting and many more.
Writer/On-Air Commentator, News, Iraq
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Writer/On-Air Commentator for Iraq news team at the Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster that provides news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties in support of US diplomacy.
The Writer/On-Air Commentator is responsible for writing scripts for news broadcasts. The writer/on-air commentator translates material from English into Arabic. The writer/on-air commentator works closely with MBN's editorial personnel to support newscasts and presenting commentary on screen.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the News Writer include, but are not limited to:
* Writing scripts.
* Developing and writing new stories in classical Arabic with clarity, accuracy and balance.
* Monitoring English and Arabic news feed, awareness of the news agenda and world events.
* Performing under deadline pressure.
* Completing writing assignments (including re-writes) for summaries, news programs, news packages, live events and features following generally accepted news writing style and format.
* Re-writing/translating wire copy, stories for the newscast, teases and packages.
* Conducting on-line research for difficult story assignment and ensuring that news stories comply with MBN standards and codes
* Working closely with anchors, reporters and producers to support daily newscast.
* Preparing commentary on news events , sports, economy, special events and presenting video wall or segments on screen as a presenter guest.
* Performing other related tasks assigned by the Executive Producer and Producer for updating news tickers, graphics and animation inserts and clipping videos and interview clips.
* Preparing editorial and news commentary on main news events as requested by the Executive Producer/ Producers and be able to present such commentary in the studio for broadcast.
* Remaining abreast of all events and analyses in his or her area of expertise, and be prepared to provide live commentary as editorial necessity dictates, and at possibly short notice.
Candidates are required to have:
* Bachelors degree .
* 3 years professional writing experience.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in Classic Arabic and English.
* Experience with digital news broadcasting.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Able to work effectively with all levels of management.
* Strong computer and database skills.
* Exercise self-discipline and time-management skills
* Ability to accommodate to support 24/7 news environment.This may require overnight coverage.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.