Position Description: Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas Our People.
Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other. Our Purpose.
We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare. Our Place.
St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality,
compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis
hospital is seeking an experienced RN Director, Labor& Delivery.
We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Women’s Services
Department where you will be responsible for: What You’ll Do
The Director of Women’s Services will be responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the following units (collaborating with Medical Directors in these areas as well): Labor and Delivery, Post-Partum, and Nursery Services. The Director will also be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and managing resources for the above mentioned units.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Initiate, guide and direct the coordination of departmental functions
- Assume responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the Maternal/Child Departments
- Perform fiscal responsibilities for the all Maternal/Child Departments, such as assisting in setting budgets
- Handle recruitment and retention initiatives of staff members within assigned departments
- Manage program planning (both short and long term departmental goals) including strategy and staff development
- Maintain a healthy work environment and positive working relationships with staff and peers
- Collaboratively make decisions regarding activities surrounding Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resources Standards with the Medical Directors and Chief Nursing Officer
- Function as a prime resource for staff members and assist in necessary education of individual members of the nursing team members
- Perform any and all other duties assigned
Position Requirements:What You’ll Bring
What We Offer
- 3+ years of recent Labor and Delivery nursing practice, with at least 2+ years of experience in a nursing leadership position
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required, Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with proven track record of building and coaching successful teams
- Current Kansas state RN license that is active and in good standing
- Current BLS
- PALS (preferred)
- NRP certification preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.