Corizon Health is a pioneer and leading provider of correctional healthcare services across the United States with over 40 years of experience in the industry. The company has more than 11,000 employees in over 400 correctional facilities (jails and prisons). Corizon Health employs healthcare and support professionals, including nurses, physicians, dentists and behavioral healthcare providers. Because of the high rates of mental illness and the previously unmet medical needs of the inmate population, medical and behavioral health providers work together closely in an integrated healthcare delivery system. In addition to competitive compensation packages, the company provides you resources, training and advancement opportunities. Corizon Health also offers you a highly supportive and collaborative work environment and the opportunity for work-life balance.
Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
Corizon Health Nurse Practitioners utilize the medical model to meet a variety of healthcare needs with an ambulatory care as their primary focus. Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants work with a variety of healthcare professionals and security officers in a correctional environment.
Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistant also
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility
- Identify patient health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a physician
- Provide education to patient, healthcare and correctional staff
- Document all healthcare contacts
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participate in disaster drills
- Follow security regulations for keys, sharps, and controlled medications
- Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices
- Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification /licensure in the state of employment.
- Maintains an active CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, CME allowance, Mal practice paid
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Corizon Health. Keywords: Nurse Practitioner (NP), Location: Lansdowne, PA - 19050