Position Description:Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Hackensack MeridianHealth
Mountainside Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals. We’re proud of the therapeutic and administrative upgrades we have made. Mountainside Medical Center has been serving Montclair and its surrounding New Jersey communities since 1891. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Mountainside family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
Mountainside Medical Center is proud to continue to provide world-class health care services in a community setting. Our 365 bed medical center has successfully transitioned from a stand-alone facility to being part of Hackensack MeridianHealth
, the most comprehensive and truly integrated network in New Jersey. Mountainside is a joint venture between Hackensack MeridianHealth
and Ardent Health Services, one of the country’s leading private hospital management companies.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Nursing Assistant to join the Mountainside Team! What You’ll Do
The Nursing Assistant will be responsible for providing basic patient care under the direction and guidance from a Registered Nurse.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide basic nursing care to patient
- Assist nursing personnel and physician in emergency care
- Accept responsibility for providing safe, appropriate, quality patient care
- Perform out of bed/back to bed as appropriate
- Observe patient while performing delegated tasks and report significant findings regarding patient safety, personal need and change in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
- Respond to call light promptly and courteously
- Maintain confidentiality of patient record
- Assist patient in wheel chair, on stretcher and ambulating
- Monitor vital signs, specimen collection, intake and output, meal consumption, height and weight, blood glucose testing/monitoring, point of care testing
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned
Position Requirements:What You’ll Bring
What We Offer
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of previous Nursing Assistant experience required
- CNA certification preferred
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Advancement and career development opportunities
Mountainside Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.