The Occupational Health and Safety Intern will support the areas of Occupational Health and Safety in the development and continuous improvement of our management programs. The role provides project support for programs, pilots, processes, and initiatives.
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Assist with the sustainability of existing programs and making efficiencies and modifications to existing procedures.
monitoring action items, and key performance indicators.
- Assist in audits, ergonomic evaluations, inspections, and investigations.
- Conduct research on potential vendors and innovative technology.
- Develop communication plans and training programs for new programs.
- Provide support for interactions with internal and external customers.
- Maintain project plan and task lists for various individual and team projects.
- Attend project meetings and compile notes and action items.
- Create presentations and communication documents using Corporate Identity standards.
- Daily use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Development of a structure/building safety buy-off procedure.
- Refinement of Industrial Hygiene Program (JHHA and Operational Technical Manual Documents).
- Create a standardized Risk Assessment Template for new equipment.
- Revise contractor and construction orientation.
- Implement a mobile application for behavior-based safety observations.
- Development of key performance indicator dashboards to the drill down within the production technologies.
- Lead a small project with team and report results to a steering circle.
- Assist with program administration such as documentation tracking and filing, collecting and analyzing satisfaction survey data.
- Pursuing a degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Ergonomics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and preferred to have database skills.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 14, 2023 to December 15, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.
This job was posted on Fri Jan 20 2023 and expired on Sat Jan 28 2023.