Office Manager (Team Assistant)
Are you a detail-oriented multitasker? Do you know how to make sure things run smoothly?
Our US headquarters in Durham, NC is looking for a friendly and highly organized Office Manager/Team Assistant Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. You’ll play an important role in the Durham office ensuring that everything runs smoothly, seamlessly and efficiently.
As a flexible and proactive go-getter, you have the unique ability to see what needs to be done, before it needs to be done! You can juggle multiple tasks at once, and keep a smile on your face the whole time. You are the face of our office making sure everyone feels welcomed and appreciated. Interested in joining a relaxed, fun team, who doesn't always take themselves too seriously? We would love to hear from you!
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Manage the office administration: ordering supplies, handling mail, and managing conference logistics
- Travel management and controlling of travel expenses
- Organizing team events
- Provide executive support to President including; complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; travel arrangements
- Responsible for mail and phone correspondence, and welcoming guests
- Developing and optimizing processes
- Other duties as assigned
commercetools, Inc cares deeply about the safety and well-being of its employees. Due to COVID-19, the following addendum to the Office Manager (Team Assist) role will outline additional responsibilities, until a time when COVID-19 is no longer a threat to the health and safety of everyone.
- Prepare the physical office for safe social distance working between employees
- Conduct health screens of every employee, maintenance worker, etc… who enter the office suite, including but not limited to:
- Taking and recording temperature
- Asking and recording screening questions
- Handing out masks
- Keeping sanitizer and other disinfectants supplied around the office
- Recording symptoms
- Maintain and communicate a rotating schedule for employees upon re-entering the office
- Sending employees, maintenance workers, etc… away if they show symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Along with the Operations Manager, perform daily cleaning routines of shared/common spaces
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experiences with administrative tasks
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word)
- Strong administration, communication, organization skills
- The service-oriented, can-do mindset with the ability to work independently
- Reliability and discretion
- Keen attention to detail, organized and able to seamlessly multitask
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
- A flexible, adaptable, can-do attitude
- Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Must be available to work in the Durham office, Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% coverage of the employees health care, vision and dental insurance
- Company contribution towards dependent coverage
- 401k (retirement savings)
- Maternity/paternity leave
- PTO and Company Holidays
- Some pre-tax benefits through the PEO
- Great team of highly qualified and motivated team members who work with a mutual respect and appreciation, take responsibility and evolve together
AND THERE’S MORE:
- You will be involved in challenging and meaningful projects in a company with over 10 years of history
- You will be working with one of the technology leaders in the growing e-commerce business
- There's long-term and strategic stability by being a 100% subsidiary of REWE Digital (part of the REWE Group)
- We are a growing, international company with offices in Berlin, Munich, London, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Durham
- Modern workplaces and technology (e.g. MacBooks) in bright offices (open-plan spaces as well as conference rooms and smaller rooms for quiet times)
- Collegial, open working atmosphere where your creativity and new ideas are encouraged
- Healthy feedback and error culture and a climate of mutual appreciation and respect.
- Free water, coffee, tea, snacks
- Do you have a dog? We're a dog friendly office.
Commercetools is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At commercetools, we hope to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people choose to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing modern principles to ecommerce through both technology and company culture. We know success comes from the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!