Hanmi Bank is a banking service with headquarters located in California. Its mission is to provide quality financial services to its customers. They are business experts and aids the small business to grow and succeed. It provides a wide range of products that include SBA lending, real estate lending, equipment leasing, specialty lending, and treasury management. IT offers mobile banking, online banking, order checks, banking forms, e-statement services. It also provides personal and business checks, savings, and debit cards. It is offering career opportunities for the BSA analyst, service associate, loan funder, branch manager, risk analyst, loan underwriter, and other positions.
This position performs a variety of routine daily tasks, such as reviewing reports, preparing correspondence, and participating in special projects designated to the department. It is required that you have a thorough knowledge of the Company's policies and procedures. This position is responsible for assisting branches by handling customer issues and ensuring daily transactions are processed smoothly in Operations Administration, the branch and/or corporate levels. This position helps to ensure internal controls, policies, and mechanisms comply with standard industry practices, regulatory guidelines, and senior management's recommendations and/or directions.
Ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: GLBA(Gramm-Leach-Briley Act) , Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act) Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Dodd Frank Act), Elder Abuse Laws, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
* Assist branches and act as liaison for any staff or customer inquiries.
* Process all transactions including reconcilement and research any out of balance conditions according to NACHA and Federal guidelines.
* Process day-to-day requests for reclamations and fraudulent activity and ACH origination as necessary.
* Scan all daily documentation within allocated time frames
* Review and process all in-clearings, including FRB returned items, and process all deposit adjustments including ATM and non-posted transactions.
* Maintain IRA documentation and audit reports as well as being a resource for branch staff.
* Conduct investigations into claims of fraudulent activity including contacting customer when necessary, including Reg E claims.
* Review database and correct Tax Identification Number (TIN) related errors.
* Assist customers reporting debit card issues and other requests received either via mail or telephone.
* Reconcile assigned department accounts including cash advances and bond redemption, perform monthly department GL certification.
* Analyze all digital signature verification rejects and contacts the branch to confirm with the customer if necessary.
* Consistently apply decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits.
* Receive and process declarations and indemnity bonds for official company items.
* Process wire transfer requests from Branches, departments and online banking business customers.
* Create, maintain, and follow policies and procedures according to company guidelines.
* Ensures excellent internal and external communication with clients and coworkers
* Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
* Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company's goals and values.
* Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
* Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
* High School Diploma, and 1-3 years of related experience and/or training; some college preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience must consist of a credit or loan processing background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
* Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, mainframe computer system, word processing, typing and spreadsheet software programs to meet the needs of the position.
* Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
* Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
* Thorough understanding of bank policy and procedures.
* Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
* Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
* Current state issued driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.