Xator Corporation is a trusted provider of mission-focused C4ISR solutions addressing National Security & Intelligence, Tactical Intelligence, Critical Infrastructure Protection, and Training for U.S. Government clients at home and abroad. Our work positively impacts the safety and security of personnel, facilities, and vital information throughout the world.
Xator Corporation’s Enterprise Technology and Cyber Security Division (ETCS) is a trusted provider of Information Technology (IT) solutions, including infrastructure support, cybersecurity, and enterprise application development. Our work positively impacts the safety and security of personnel, facilities, and vital information throughout the world. ETCS is seeking a business operations manager for our HHS program.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced financial professional who has diverse experience in processing project-related accounting system transactions, collecting data, monitoring variances, identifying trends and creating financial models to support management decision-making and improve our financial status. This role will specifically focus on project accounting and related financial analysis for Xator’s ETCS strategic business unit. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively across functional and organizational boundaries (including operations and corporate shared services) in supporting operational teams to provide superior services to our customers and deliver on expected financial results.
This position is located in Fairfax VA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Prepare monthly deliverables for the contract Program Management Review with customer
- Review monthly invoice generated from Accounting team before submission to the customer
- Assist in resolving any billing issues raised by customers for project invoices, working with employees from other departments
- Manage business working capital requirements through timely collection of project receivables
- Maintain prompt and professional correspondence with customers, thus developing strong business relationships
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
- Provide guidance and support to Service Delivery and accounting team members to facilitate the accurate set-up and reporting of projects
- Review the monthly SBU general ledger and income statements and work with Accounting team to resolve any issues found in the review (includes revenue, unbilled and billed receivables, direct costs, allocated indirect costs, and cost accruals)
- Analyze data in support of month-end close to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed and revenue and expenses are booked correctly; investigate and report any inconsistencies or improprieties, and work with the accounting team to make any necessary reclassification in a timely manner
- Perform monthly, documented project budget/forecast-to-actual variance analyses for management review
- Assist the Service Delivery team with maintaining various financial models to support the planning, delivery and accounting for their jobs, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
- Provide accounting guidance and support to the Service Delivery organization
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting of actual project performance to facilitate management decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan
- Establish strong business relationships with all Service Delivery program/project managers, and proactively engage them to facilitate mitigation of project performance issues
- Support Service Delivery managers by being the first point of contact for researching and resolving issues and questions, and providing financial training and related mentoring
- Develop and refine key project-related performance metrics and drive robust analysis to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities, while evaluating possible alternatives and recommending appropriate actions to the Service Delivery team.
- Prepare financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits as requested
- Ensure assigned work process documentation is kept current
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong account reconciliation skills
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience with project control and/or project-related budgeting, accounting, financial modeling, and business analysis in the federal marketplace
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, FAR and experience working with corporate indirect rate structures
- Experience with Time and Materials (T&M), and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contracts
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Ability to switch from complex to routine tasks when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required
Xator Corporation provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.