Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. With more than 400,000 customers—including 100 of the Fortune 100—in more than 145 countries, Oracle provides a complete technology stack both in the cloud and in the data center. Oracle’s industry-leading cloud-based and on-premises solutions give customers complete deployment flexibility and unmatched benefits including application integration, advanced security, high availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. May act as the team lead on projects, providing coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and leads detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
*Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.*
OracleRetail - Xstore Technical Implementation Consultant
Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
(Anywhere US/ 50% domestic travel)
Our OracleRetail Xstore team is looking for a Technical Software ImplementationConsultant to join our US based Software Implementation Practice.Responsibilitiesinclude leading external and internal meetings to provide technical guidanceand overview of the expected system architecture of the Retail suite along withconducting discoverysessions for requirement gathering.
This role is highly customer facing in both an onsite and remoteenvironment.This roleis responsible for providing technical guidance as a product subject matterexpert and for implementing solutions that address each unique customer srequirements. This role is also responsible for providing technicaltroubleshooting of the Oracle Retail product suite.
*For more information on Oracle sRetail Hardware and Software Product suite click here:*
*Primary Duties Include*
* Develop deployment processes for the point of salesoftware into production systems for the external customer s rollout to theirchain with a wide array of tools to accomplish the task.
* Develop software update packages for making updates toexternal customer s production systems.
* Provides subject matter expert consultation to theexternal customer at the technical level, for how to use the product in theirparticular environment to achieve the results the customer is requiring.
* Provideconsultation on hardware sizing specifications for their environment.
* Installs and/or provides consultation on installingthe products for both the corporate and register levels.
* The position will also entail extensive customer interaction both on and off site, which will require excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Provides consultation to the internal customers,project managers and quality assurance analysts, on how to achieve a customerrequest with the product.
* Provide consultation to the internal development teamsto determine the cause of a problem occurring in the customized software.
* Provides product support training to external andinternal customers, which includes developing agendas and training materials.
* Travels frequently, up to 50%, to be onsite withcustomers for consultation on the product.
* Works non-standard hours to accommodate business needsto touch production systems during non-business hours.
* Provides after hours level support for productioncritical problems to both corporate applications and store level systems.
* Provides external customer lab support for initialsetup and ongoing lab issues for both the corporate server level and registerlevel systems.
* Provides internal customer support for technicalissues and lab system setup/support.
* Develop peripheral integration into the point of sale systemsfor deployment.
* Develop customer specific documentation forinstallation and updates to both the corporate and register level systems.
* Provide consultation for payment card industry andsecurity compliance questions.
* Proven experience working in a high touch client facing / consultingrole
* Proven experience working independently and creatively to solve complex technical problems
* Proven experience writing both Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle queries
* Proven experience working within both Linux and Windows Operating systems
* Experience writing installs with installer applications such as Wise Solution or
* Install Shield
* Excellent working knowledge of writing and reading complex DOS batch files
* Excellent working knowledge of networking technologies and TCP/IP
* Extensive knowledge of Retail environments
* Basic knowledge in Java programming or other 4thgeneration programming languages
* Ability to work in an Agileenvironment, addressing bugs with QA, planning schema changes with engineering,and responding quickly to other business needs.
* Ability to travel up to 50% ofthe time
* Strong communication skills. Ableto articulate complicated information in a simplified and professional manner.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent workhistory
**Title:** *Oracle Retail Technical Implementation Consultant (Spanish speaking)*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *18000I6R*
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Marketing & PR||7.2%||5%||2%|
|Consulting & Upper Management||6.0%||38%||1%|