Thermo Fisher Scientific is a biotechnology product development company located in Waltham, MA. The company's premier brands are Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services. Generating more than $24 billion in annual revenue, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a significant player in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, with a range of customer touch points that is hard to match. The company offers various career opportunities at 600+ sites across the Americas, APAC and EMEA regions in an inclusive, global culture that values diverse talent. The core activity being scientific R&D, there are also opportunities in Operations, Quality & Regulatory, IT, Sales and more. As an employee, you can count on ample opportunities to grow your career as well as a comprehensive total rewards package which includes a competitive base pay, medical and dental plans, wellness programs, company-paid insurance, savings and spending accounts, competitive 401(k) and more.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
How you will make an impact
Responsible for the overall order fulfillment team performance and execution of the daily order fulfillment business operations for the Americas. Responsibilities will include monitoring of the order fulfillment factory / vendor schedules and to ensure compliance to the timely processing and fulfillment of all instrument orders for the Americas. The supervisor will document and work with other functional teams to streamline processes and provide proper training to relevant employees, as well as ensure compliance with corporate KPI's.
What you will do
- Sets team goals, formulates plans to achieve, and track results
- Develops / revises relevant work instructions and training for the order fulfillment team
- Leads, motivates, coaches and supervises the Order Fulfillment team
- Fosters cross-functional teamwork and builds a safe environment which encourages and establishes trust
- Oversees daily order fulfillment business operations which include Order scheduling, procurement order creation and closing, monitoring / coordinating shipments globally to customers in the Americas
- Plans, prioritizes and directs work flow and project assignments within the team
- Monitors efficiency and productivity to ensure the following service standards and key performance indicators (KPIs) are met -
- Sales Order Days to Schedule - Number of days Accepted to Scheduled: SLA 48 hours
- On time PO's: KPI 97% (3% or less past due)
- Inquiries / escalations: to be attended and responded to within 48 hours
- Order Progression - Reviews all open sales orders and backlog to ensure thorough follow-up with supply sites, local procurement and buyers for availability dates and inform Order Management of any potential misses to the commit dates
- PO confirmations: Confirmations received within 48 hours
- Handles escalated issues either through direct personal action or referral to the respective individuals/departments. Resolves problems through root-cause-analysis of situations (RCCM) and experience to determine best use of approach and resources.
- Identifies process gaps and issues, recommends process improvements and system enhancements for enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- Proactively communicates changes to the department and effectively manages the team's priorities during high order volume peaks.
- Conducts recurring team and 1:1 meetings with direct reports. Provides and shares updates from other functional and project teams
- Develops direct reports' skills, monitors and evaluates performance and provides feedback via the PMD process as well as regular 1:1 meetings
- Ensures compliance to company policies and procedures
- Attends carrier QBR's
- Assist in any other tasks or projects assigned appropriately by the Order Fulfillment Manager
How you will get here
- BS degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field. A combination of job related experience and ongoing educational progress may be considered in lieu of BS degree.
- Commercial, logistics and administrative training/education
- 3-5 years working experience in supply chain and logistics, order processing or purchasing role
- Experience in working with SAP R3, by preference with SD, MM
- Working knowledge of import and export trade compliance (HTS, ECCN, COO, Valuation, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and handle high-pressure situations
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines as well as communicate KPI's to leadership
- Analytical and process thinking with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel
- SAP R3 SD/MM
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.