BAYADA Home Health Care, is a Pennsauken, New Jersey-based international nonprofit home health care provider with more than 360 offices in 23 US states, and in 6 countries (Unites States, Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, and South Korea). They provide a full range of clinical care and support services for children and adults of all ages in their home along the service lines of Adult and Private Duty Nursing, Pediatrics, Hospice, Habilitation, Personal Care and Companionship. They employ 28,000 people with the commitment to the BAYADA Way - compassion, excellence, and reliability. They offer clinical and non-clinical opportunities in a variety of locations and disciplines, from entry level to senior management. If you have an interest in adult and pediatric nursing, personal care and companionship, habilitation or administrative and support office roles, there are plenty of opportunities to find your fit with BAYADA. You will be offered a wide array of benefits, perks, and recognition programs.
BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist, OT, for a per-diem opportunity performing home health visits for our Person County Visits office. This position is for an OT to service geriatric clients throughout Vance & Granville counties. Prior home care experience preferred, but not required.
As a home care Occupational Therapist, you will be an integral member of a multi-disciplinary health care team that provides rehabilitative care and skilled nursing to clients, affording them the opportunity to receive the medical care required to remain at home.
BAYADA has a special purpose: to help people of all ages have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. We believe our clients and their families deserve the highest quality home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability - our core values. With more than 280 offices nationwide, founder Mark Baiada still maintains the same compassionate, human focus that made our first office unique in 1975.
* Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
* Perform thorough evaluations of patients' functional status, including muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, and ADL and IADL performance.
* Assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
* Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
* Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
* Continually assess and revise the occupational therapy care plan, and participate with nursing in the multidisciplinary care plan, as appropriate.
* Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
* Accurately document observations, interventions, and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
* A current North Carolina Occupational Therapist license.
* A minimum of one year of recent work experience as an Occupational Therapist.
* Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited jointly by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the AMA and the AOTA, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
* Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
* Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and problem solving skills.
* Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
* Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
* Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
* Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
* Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
* Benefits may include mileage reimbursement; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA believes that our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability. Be part of a caring, professional team that is instrumental in providing the highest quality care while developing your career with an industry leader. Apply now for immediate consideration, or contact Recruiter: Doug Lanier, (813)539-3837: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or veteran status.