Summit Point Raceway is a premier training destination with diverse offerings including: firearms, anti-terrorism driving, accident avoidance, combative, off-road, and EMS services. Our facilities include four high-speed, one low-speed, two unimproved, and one off-road circuits as well as instructional classrooms, firing ranges and a mat room. Summit Point Motorsports Park, included on the BSR campus, has exciting high-performance driving education and other racing activities.
To render advanced life support and emergency medical techniques to those in need of assistance within the guidelines set forth by the State of West Virginia office of EMS for Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. Also to operate and maintain assigned ambulance and station; to participate in continuing education and training relative to medical and industry advancements.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Inputting monthly availability into the When to Work scheduling system.
2. Perform daily check offs of equipment and ambulance to ensure they are ready to respond to emergencies.
3. Perform triage and a variety of emergency medical treatments at advanced life support level as well as provide continuing care and treatment while enroute to the hospital.
4. Follow state mandated protocols set for by the State of West Virginia office of EMS. This includes performing invasive and non-invasive skills/therapies included but not limited to assessment and evaluation of the ill and injured, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation, administration of medications, applications of dressing and bandages, intubations, immobilizations, splinting, and venous or intraosseous access.
5. Operate an ambulance in a safe manner driving emergency and non-emergency.
6. Work alongside and coordinate patient care with other members of emergency services to ensure all work safely together and for the best outcome of the patient.
7. Employ safe lifting and moving techniques.
8. Act as a mentor/preceptor for EMT-Bs as well as new Paramedics.
9. Communicate effectively and professionally on the radio with others operating on the same frequency.
10. Complete run sheets and other required documents in their entirety in a clear and thorough manner.
11. Perform related duties as assigned.
12. Maintain all certifications required as listed above.
Qualifications and Skills
* High School Graduate or GED recipient
* West Virginia Certified Paramedic
* Valid driver's license
* Certified in emergency vehicle operations (EVOC)
* Health care provider CPR certified
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Prehospital Trauma Certification (ITLS or PHTLS)
* Pediatric Prehospital care (PEPP or PALS)
* Hazmat Awareness
* Mass Casualty Incident courses 1 &2
* National Incident Management System 100 & 700
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
Work is performed indoors and outdoors.
Physical effort involves for indefinite periods of time, mobility within an office and field environment; subject to infectious diseases, bodily fluids, toxic chemicals, dust/mites, fumes, odors, explosives, firearms and ammunition, electrical, and mechanical hazards; exposure to extreme heat or cold, noise, heights; walking, twisting body, stooping, standing, squatting, sorting, sitting, seeing, hearing, running, pushing, pulling, lifting, dragging; carrying in excess of 150 lbs., lifting above shoulder level, use of both hands and legs; climbing, crawling, reading, critical decision making, basic computer knowledge. Stress may also be encountered due to high acuity situations and unsuccessful lifesaving efforts.
Normal hours will be part-time, primarily Friday-Sunday with occasional weekday shifts as needed.
* Learn geographic locations of property and local area hospitals.
* Think and act quickly in emergencies.
* Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
* Prepare concise, comprehensive, written reports.
* Work safely in hazardous situations.
* Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-employees, management, and customers of the business.
* Maintain good physical stamina and endurance to repeatedly bend, lift, climb and kneel in uncomfortable positions.
* Ability to lift, push, or pull in excess of 150 lbs.
* Must possess adequate motor coordination.
Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Summit Point Raceway Associates Inc. ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Xator Corporation, and its Subsidiaries, provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment as required by and/or consistent with applicable country law and company policy. Consistent with the foregoing, Xator Corporation provides qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status(s) protected by law. In the United States, Xator Corporation ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.