FirstService Residential is a provider of residential property management services. It oversees more than 7,000 residential and commercial associations across 21 US states and three Canadian provinces. It provides a wide variety of essential property services, from concierge through maintenance to security and more.The managed communities include condominiums and cooperatives, single-family homes, and rental and commercial properties. Career areas with the company include community services, community management, and corporate. Working for FirstService Residential, you will find opportunities for moving up the ladder, or across the continent. As a full-time associate, you will be offered a variety of benefits and perks to promote the wellbeing of you and your family.
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Front Desk Associate greets and provides excellent customer service to all guests entering the facility and provides support/services to the Association staff in the overall operation of the onsite office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Greet all guests with a warm smile and inviting attitude.
- Receive and respond to resident phone calls; redirect as appropriate.
- Meet with inquiring homeowners in lobby as may be appropriate.
- Facilitate amenity access including acceptance/transmittal of fees and distribution of access cards and other equipment to homeowners as required by community needs.
- Update new/existing owners' information forms in the appropriate system daily or as required.
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Enter and process work orders for maintenance requests from homeowners as needed.
- Assist in follow-up on the status of work orders to ensure timely resolution and closure upon notification by vendor or community manager.
- Perform other Community Coordinator duties as assigned by Amenities Center Manager or Community Manager.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Post-secondary education in business, computers, or office management is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently;
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Tools & Equipment Used
- Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds
- May require prolonged monitor viewing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all- inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.