Whole Foods Market, the Austin, Texas-based supermarket chain markets products free from hydrogenated fats and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. Backed by quality as a state of mind, Whole Foods Market’s mission is to nourish people and the planet. The purpose-driven company strives to meet or exceed customers’ expectations, celebrates each community through employment and investment in local non-profits, and a conscious commitment to local producers. If you are ready to move your career forward with Whole Foods Market, you will receive comprehensive training and support on your career paths. Whole Foods Market understands that success is dependent upon the collective energy, intelligence, and contributions of its team, therefore the firm supports its associates with competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. If you join the team, you can benefit from perks including health, dental and vision insurance, mental healthcare coverage, volunteering options, PTO, 401(k), 20% in-store discount, and several other.
Provide support as a member of the Produce team to include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Produce floor and displays, and selling product in support of regional Produce standards. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members. Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Uphold organic standards for produce.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stock and clean produce shelves and displays.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment by sweeping floors and completing sweep logs.
- Assist with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Desired Work Experiences
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to sell proactively
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department
- Effective time management skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Use of tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
- Previous Produce experience preferred
- Customer Service Focus
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||2.7%||30%||26%|