Patient Service Representatives (PSR) play a vital role at Aspen Dental-branded practices. PSR's are the first point of contact for patients at a practice, and also have key responsibilities in the coordination of many day-to-day administrative office activities. Reporting to the Office Manager, this position provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Commitment to continuous development and promoting from within means your career path is limitless. We're on a mission to give America a healthy mouth. PSR’s who join an Aspen practice work for a licensed dentist and live that mission every day by supporting the non-clinical needs of your practice's patients and dental professionals. Not only can you maximize your career potential, but you can make a real difference in the lives of patients.
About Aspen Dental-branded practices
Aspen Dental-branded practices are independently owned and operated by licensed dentists. The practices receive non-clinical business support services from Aspen Dental Management, Inc., a dental support organization.
Greet and check in patients in a friendly manner.
Collect co-payments and verify insurance coverage.
Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
Prepare new patient charts neatly and accurately.
Various office duties as assigned by Office Manager.
Responding to patient billing or financial inquiries, directing to appropriate departments, as necessary.
Collect and post payments and record receipts.
Balance nightly deposits and complete credit card processing.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Candidates will have a minimum of two years experience in a healthcare office or fast-paced, highly interactive customer service environment - experience in the dental or medical industry with scheduling and verifying insurances preferred.
Self-motivated with the ability to exceed patient expectations.
Excellent organizational skills to effectively handle multiple tasks.
Flexibility to support change, with varying schedules as necessary.
Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Resume must demonstrate stable employment history.
Street: 1070 Lyannough Road, STE A20
Travel: Up to 25%
External Company URL: www.aspendent.com
This job was posted on Sat May 30 2020 and expired on Thu Jun 25 2020.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Solicit sales of new or additional services or products.
- Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills.
- Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective, and approving or disapproving dealers' claims.
- Review insurance policy terms to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance.
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Headquartered in East Syracuse, NY, Aspen Dental is a fast-growing network of independently owned dental practices throughout the country. Aspen Dental practices are supported by Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI), a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support services to licensed, independent dentists. ADMI provides a full range of practice support to handle the staffing, marketing, scheduling, billing and other business related tasks for dentists. This model allows dentists with Aspen Dental to have the freedom to focus on providing quality patient care while enjoying a secure income, a healthy work-life balance, and a clear path to practice ownership. Aspen Dental encourages every team member to think and act like an owner. The compensation philosophy is built around a profit sharing model based on growth and development of an entire office, completed with benefits and development programs.
Barnstable, MA, 02630and others
General Hospitals, Outpatient Care Centers
Total job postings in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the past
Based on 130 job boards, duplications excluded