Physicians Immediate Care, otherwise called Physicians Urgent Care, was established in mid-1987 in Rockford III, under the authority of John J. Koehler, M.D. Today the organization is driven by Stan Blaylock, President & CEO, & Dr. Koehler, Founder & CMO. For over 30 years, they have been devoted to providing affordable and high-quality medical care to the community. PIC values their employees and aims at creating and providing a workplace that truly nurtures the professional spirit of the team members. They also strive to offer several benefits to them, including but not limited to creating a balance between work life and family life. They also offer flexible time schedules to accommodate personal commitments. Employees and their family members are also provided free in-house medical facilities, besides a good salary package.
Physicians Urgent Care, also known as Physicians Immediate Care, is a Midwest leader in Urgent Care and Occupational Health Services with over 40 locations in Illinois and Indiana. The Billing Center for these clinics is located in Greentree, PA
. We are a growing company and currently have a full time Payment Posting
- Receive, sort and review payments from insurance carriers, patients and other sources
- Identify appropriate receivables accounts for application and post receipts, through automated or manual processes, ensuring entries are accurately applied
- Validate posting results and reconcile payments posted against checks received
- Research and post unapplied cash receipts working from the explanation of benefits via automated or manual process, and post receipts to the designated account
- Provide administrative support as assigned and assist in the training of new hires
- Answer inquiries from internal and external customers via phone and email
- Identify under payments and margin loss claims and provide information to others for collections process
- Works with other functional departments in resolving issues
- Reconcile bank deposits
- Strong organizational skills.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative/clerical duties in order to complete assigned tasks (i.e. typing, filing, photocopying, scanning, answering phones, faxing, etc)
- Performs and completes projects, as assigned, in order to meet the needs of the department/company along with any other duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience
At Physicians Immediate Care you will enjoy full benefits including a generous wellness plan, a company matched 401K plan, a Monday through Friday schedule with a great work-life balance. Come join our team!
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years' experience posting medical claims, working medical accounts receivables, medical reimbursement and the ability to read and understand an "explanation of benefits".
- Strong analytical skills
- Good phone and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills in MS Office: Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Quick learner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations