Payroll Svcs Specialist
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Auto req ID
External Job Title
Payroll Tax Specialist
Deltek is actively seeking a passionate, dedicated, and driven Tax Specialist to support our team located in our Cincinnati, OH location. This position will support clients of our ComputerEase product (www.computerease.com), and will work with a dynamic and energetic team in order to help resolve and support client Tax issues and efforts. The candidate will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assigned areas of tax, and will be responsible for the following:
- Reconciling client taxes for assigned client base and make corrections as needed.
- Preparing and filing amended returns.
- Resolving tax jurisdictions correspondences.
- Prior quarter balancing of liability to payments for new implemented clients.
- Processing daily tax work for active and lost clients.
- Building and maintain positive relationships with tax authorities.
- Resolving client questions expediently with a high level of service and communicate with them regarding tax activity, prior quarter balancing issues, amended returns and tax jurisdiction correspondences.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of tax issues for federal and local taxing authorities.
- Reconciling and processing electronic return/w-2 files for monthly, quarterly and annual filings
- Daily, at quarter end and year end, providing appropriate status reporting to leadership on status of key tasks relating to quarter end.
- Following up on issues to assure tax issues have been resolved and client or Client Support communication / update has occurred.
- Identifying and documenting problems and trends and recommend solutions to eliminate the same problem in the future.
US Cincinnati, OH
- 2 or more years of experience with payroll tax.
- Proven expertise with Federal, State and Local taxes.
- Proven strong customer service and relationship building skills required.
- Ability to interface with multiple departments, multi-task, think on your feet and work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organization and follow up skills.
- Willing and able to adapt to a changing work environment.
- Experience with MasterTax Software.