AdventHealth is a faith-based, non-profit health care system headquartered in Altamonte Springs, FL, operating facilities within 10 states across the United States. With 46 hospital campuses and more than 8,200 licensed beds, it is the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care provider and one of the largest non-profit health systems in the nation. The full continuum of integrated care also includes urgent care centers, home health and hospice agencies, and skilled nursing facilities. While each facility is a unique entity, all remain united in one mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. If you are a compassionate, positive, joyous and calm individual, you belong in the team. Working for Advent Health, you will receive professional recognition with benefits such as medical insurance coverage and health screenings (subject to eligibility), retirement savings plan, discounts, educational assistance, spiritual support and more.
Pharmacist AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address:?1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471 Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
? Part Time ? You Will Be Responsible For:
- Actively performs all pharmacy functions and maintains active proficiency in: Standard work parameters, Operational programs, Dispensing and compounding systems, Hospital computer systems, Medication ordering systems
- Maintains operational proficiency to provide coverage of (at least one of the following areas): Central Pharmacy, IV Room, Oncology Pharmacy Satellite, Operating Room Satellite, CVICU Pharmacy Satellite
- Oversees appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems: Accurately interprets electronic records, Maintains expertise in Cerner processes, Manages proper and complete patient profile record
- Accurately oversees the management of medication inventories and the preparation and dispensing of patient-specific medication doses: Manages medication dispensing activities, Ensures accuracy of all medication products prepared for dispensing, Oversees oral and injectable product compounding, Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- One year of Contemporary hospital pharmacy experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
- Applicable State Pharmacy License
? Job Summary:
Prepares and organizes pharmacy medications by name and dosage, as listed on patient orders.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.