As Photo Editors, we handle all of the photo editing activities. We select creatively appealing photographs to go together with magazine articles. Working in a publishing company, we brainstorm creative concepts with fellow editors and coordinate photography assignments with them. Obtaining copyright permissions is also a part of our job. Some of us may also work for establishments including newspapers and other journals featuring photography.
- consult with the editorial staff and brainstorm creative concepts.
- coordinate photography tasks and allocate projects to office-based photographers
- hire expert photographers and negotiate fees with them
- get rights to photographs, as well as copyright permission
- choose photographs that complement the content in the manner envisaged by the editorial staff