UnityPoint Health is a nonprofit integrated network of hospitals, clinics and home care services in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin, with headquarters in West Des Moines, IA. Their 32,000 employees, including home care experts, hospital teams and more than 1,100 doctors and specialists share a professional culture which is 'physician-led', meaning that physicians are not only caregivers, but also team leaders. The well-structured organization stands behind four principles: Foster Unity, Own the Moment, Champion Excellence, Seize Opportunities; and all team members strive to work as one to ensure the best care to patients. Along with medical, dental coverage and 401K, UnityPoint Health offers added benefits to assist you in your personal life, such as fitness center reimbursement, parental leave, coaching and mentoring.
Function as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Perform Physical Therapy interventions in a variety of settings including: Acute Care, Transitional Care Unit, IP Acute Rehab, NSCU under the instruction of the Physical Therapist. Patient populations served include pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric. Provide patient/family education. Perform appropriate documentation in electronic medical record. Participate in patient care conferences/ staffing as appropriate. Supervise Physical Therapist Assistants students and Rehab Aides.
UnityPoint Health - Trinity, in the Quad Cities, is a regional integrated health care delivery system including four full-service hospitals in Rock Island and Moline, Illinois and Bettendorf and Muscatine, Iowa with a total of 584 licensed inpatient beds. Trinity’s hospitals, clinics, home health care agency, mental health center, health sciences college and residency program employ more than 3,000 employees. Together, we are working toward physician-driven, patient-centered care to achieve our vision of delivering the best outcome for every patient, every time.
The Quad Cities is a connected, creative and prosperous bi-state community on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River. The region is made up of Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa - Moline, East Moline, and Rock island in Illinois - and other surrounding communities. The Quad Cities is a great place to live and work. It offers something for everyone including arts and culture, amazing festivals and events, innovative and superior schools and universities, and quality healthcare. The Quad Cities is a premier destination for young professionals and families and sits only hours away from Chicago, St. Louis, and Des Moines. Responsibilities Key Accountability
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Provide Physical Therapy interventions in accordance with established standards of care, policies, procedures, and state/federal law.
- Participate in patient care conferences/ staffing as appropriate. Acute care- Complex Care meeting. Transitional Care Unit- Patient staffing. Supervise and complete appropriate documentation for Physical Therapy Assistant students as assigned by CCCE.
- Complete documentation in electronic medical record in a timely manner in accordance within department and professional expectations demonstrating the need for skilled interventions.
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Certificate or Associates degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program. Experience:
No experience required. Prefer 2 years’ experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant License(s)/Certification(s):
Current IA and IL Physical Therapy licensure (or eligible). Current CPR certification. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrate strong sense of teamwork. Demonstrate strong multicultural sensitivity. Ability to take initiative, appropriate independent judgement, exercise accountability, adaptability, flexibility, and collaboration. Other:
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position. Working knowledge of Epic preferred.