In North Carolina and the Southeast states, Piedmont HealthCare is one of the largest doctor-owned and driven, multi-specialty organizations. We offer quality health services to families, businesses, and employees in Iredell and neighboring counties, with over 50 convenient locations and more than 160 providers spanning 32 specialties. The doctors of Piedmont HealthCare are committed to delivering exemplary and imaginative patient treatment and facilities. Its patients have access to the latest in X-Ray, 2D and 3D mammography, CT, MRI, ultrasound and in-house labs for surgical testing and procedures. It is offering job opportunities for talented people along with perks such as medical insurance, 401K plans, disability support programs, and paid time off.
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Athens, Georgia.
// // // Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI), located in the heart of Athens, is recruiting for an Advanced Practitioner to join the team to support the three surgical specialties - Thoracic, Cardiac, and Vascular - in a PRN capacity (working shifts as needed).
In this role you will:
- Participate in rounding on patients in the hospital and ambulatory setting
- Admit patients to the hospital
- Complete Inpatient surgical workup and obtain consent
- Provide consultations from other services
- Call patients and address their concerns
- Complete procedures including chest tube insertions, IABP removal, chest tube removal, external pacing wire removal.
- Experience first assisting on all cardiothoracic cases and endoscopic vein harvesting recommended but not required.
- Coordinate the evaluation and screening process for patients being evaluated for complex cardiac, thoracic, or vascular surgery and/or interventional cardiology.
- Member of a multidisciplinary care team that assists in coordination and management of post-operative / post-procedure and critically ill patients in the hospital, as well as evaluating pre- and post-operative / procedure patients in the ambulatory setting.
- Application of specialized skills and knowledge related to the care of patients in the CVOR, ICU, CCU and CVICU areas.
- Contribute to excellence in patient care, research, teaching, consulting, and provide leadership to the organization. Piedmont Benefits:
- Well-designed training program offered
- Quality, Service and Reputation
About Piedmont Heart Institute (PHI): The first integrated cardiovascular healthcare delivery program affiliated with a community health system in greater Atlanta, and is headquartered on the campus of Piedmont Hospital, a 481-bed quaternary care facility offering all major medical, surgical and diagnostic services. Offering a continuum of patient care, including: primary and secondary prevention, outpatient and inpatient cardiovascular care, and appropriate quality measures and metrics to demonstrate enhanced outcomes.
Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Associated topics: bilingual, care physician, family medicine, family practice, family practice physician, general practice, nocturnist, physician md do, practice, provider