Company Summary: Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and solutions for government contractors, professional services firms and other project-based businesses. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 22,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources, streamline operations and deliver more profitable projects. Deltek Know more. Do more. www.deltek.com
Position Responsibilities: The Enterprise Business Development Manager s (BDM) primary role is to generate new client bookings by selling specialized market intelligence as on-line subscriptions to businesses and contractors that desire to increase sales to public sector entities. The BDM will be assigned specific target markets that are likely to benefit from increased market and competitive intelligence, upcoming bids, RFP s and research related to sales opportunities for their products and services. The BDM researches the company or industry as needed, formulates the selling strategy, and makes executive contact. They are capable of developing confidence and relationships through demonstrating knowledge of business, ability to question intelligently, generating a clear need, proposing a value proposition, and then closing the sale. As a market intelligence business solution, this position requires strong consultative sales skills and particularly communication skills as sales are progressed via phone, email, and web presentations as needed. The Business Development Manager reports directly to the Executive Vice President.
Core Deliverables and Responsibilities:
* Source, solicit, and establish new customers within target market verticals.
* Prospect and contact business executives each day to schedule appointments, analyze business processes, question for understanding, schedule customized product demonstrations, and manage stages of the sales process to conclusion. Must know how to prepare high impact business cases for prospective clients.
* Work closely with sales, product and marketing leadership to define and execute programs that generate top of the funnel leads and ultimately result in pipeline generation and to revenue and increased market share.
* Have the ability to navigate through Enterprise Decision Makers and Buyers.
* Maintain a thorough and sophisticated knowledge of Onvia s products and services.
* Follow the discipline of Consultative Selling as the proven approach to selling Onvia s value.
* Through organization and discipline, establish sales goals and put together personal business plan for success.
* Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales bookings objectives and must accept responsibility for results.
* Dedicated to using Salesforce.com to document customer contacts and progress through pipeline management steps.
* Be a high integrity individual as well as a strong team member who enjoys winning in a team environment.
* Must have passion for success, an eye for the details and infinite curiosity.
* Minimum of five to seven years of demonstrable consultative sales success in a role requiring prospecting, cold-calling, analyzing, and closing new business.
* Superior written, verbal and listening skills.
* Necessary to be comfortable discussing Onvia s business value and must have demonstrated ability to presenting business cases (including ROI) to senior executives.
* Must be knowledgeable of business marketing and sales functions and how market intelligence is used to target and penetrate new business opportunities, especially to public entities or to major contactors to such entities.
* Ability to prioritize and focus on opportunities that offer highest benefit to Onvia, Inc., and discontinue activities that are not value-added.
* Must have proven past ability in achieving and exceeding sales plan.
* Prior experience selling business or marketing services and/or subscriptions to businesses or government suppliers is essential.
* Travel required up to 25 percent.
* Internet and computer savvy, very well acquainted with the full suite of MS office products and have experience managing activity through Salesforce.com.
* Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
* Ability to make numerous calls per day and communicate across assigned industry vertical(s).
* Self-motivated with a demonstrable strong work ethic.
* Fast learner with a high degree of curiosity and a commitment to growth in a sales career.
* Courage to take a stand and conviction to take risks in the achievement of our goals.
* Bachelor s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or Communications preferred and/or equivalent experience and formal training in consultative sales approach will help ensure success.
Total job postings in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
Current job openings
Average posting lifetime
Total job posting distribution in the last 12 monthsBased on 130 job boards, duplications excluded
|Consulting & Upper Management||9.2%||66%||2%|