Vaco Technology is a talent acquisition company, in the areas of expertise of Technology, Accounting & Finance, Healthcare IT, Financial Services, Executive & Board Search, Risk Solutions, Cybersecurity, Supply Chain & Logistics and HR, Administration & Operations. In more than 40 locations across the globe with more than 1,250 employees they provide business consulting services, permanent placement, executive search, and strategic staffing & recruiting in all kinds of different industries. Vaco's leadership team is a team of Big4 veterans who established a recruitment team of senior-level professionals who understand the industries and the individuals that they connect. In case you land a consultant job at Vaco, you will enjoy an environment where performance is recognized and rewarded; while you have access to benefits and perks such as vacation pay, holiday pay, 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, insurances, and healthcare plan.
Experienced Software Developers-our client has an immediate opportunity for a Power BI Developer; don't let your resume get lost in the shuffle! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with IT hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the information technology market - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture, and growth opportunities. If your background is in IT as a Power BI Developer, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Power BI Developer, you will create technical specifications and unit test plans, analyze business requirements, and evaluate any packaged software and systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Integrating existing software products; analyzing and debugging application issues quickly and effectively - this may include coordination with additional technical areas
- Documenting new or existing applications, systems, or solutions
- Supporting development processes working with System Analysts and Designers and Lead Developers to ensure that the technical design of the solutions is aligned to the overall technology roadmap and meets the business needs
You will be responsible for expert delivery in the areas of data strategy, analytics, data management, data governance. Provide business and IT project support by:
- Being a lead expert to guide our team in best practices with Power BI. You will be the Power BI architect and developer.
- Engaging in graphics design/high-end visualization with PowerBI.
- Deploying PowerBI's visual functions and features and provide creative visuals.
- Assist with developing the vision of the Data & Analytics team including vertical focus, thought leadership, resource management, and technology investigation.
- Conducting interviews with client stakeholders to identify process and data challenges.
- Documenting and presenting findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Developing material and conducting training for clients and MFC technical and non-technical audiences.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on new data initiatives and technologies, both open-source and commercial.
- Managing client relationships.
- Actively participating in career development activities.
What Do You Need to Succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems (MIS), IT, or related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience with Power BI.
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to c-suite.
- Hands-on experience with MS SQL Server /SSIS.
- Understanding of BI/DWH data models.
- 3+ years of Tier 1 or Tier 2 consulting experience.
- Understanding of typical software development lifecycles (waterfall and agile) and their associated lifecycle artifacts.
- Experience with relational database management systems such as SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, etc. along with hands-on experience with SQL.
- Experience with Hadoop and NOSQL databases.
- AWS and/or Microsoft Azure experience.
- Experience with commercial analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, Qlik, RapidMiner, TIBCO Spotfire, Datawatch).
- Master's degree in statistics, analytics or related field.
- provided by Dice