Arlington Public Schools is a US-based school division in Arlington County in the state of Virginia. It is responsible for managing all the schools under it. Services it is responsible for include budget & finance, bus transportation, design & construction, digital learning, library services, mental health services, maintenance services, and others. Its mission is to provide reliable and quality learning facilities to its students. Its core values include transparency, compassion, accountability, efficiency, excellence, learning, integrity, and sustainability. Arlington Public Schools also provides new career opportunities for new individuals on regular basis with competitive compensation and other basic benifits of life.
Work for a leading school system and make a difference in the lives of youth in the community. Work for Arlington Public Schools (APS).
For consideration you MUST complete the application online at apsva.us or by accessing https://apps2.winocular.com/ArlingtonPS/jobs/Jobpost.exe.
Now hiring a Primary Montessori Teacher at Alice Fleet Elementary School.
- Must have or be eligible for Virginia licensure.
- Elementary Education endorsement.
- Must be Montessori Certified at the PK-6 level
- Certification at the PK-6 Certification level is a plus.
This position is a 1.0 FTE located at Alice Fleet Elementary School.
- To demonstrate a commitment to upholding the pedagogical principles of Maria Montessori through adherence to the Montessori curriculum.
- To demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the materials developed by Maria Montessori and their use with children.
- To follow the child in order to meet his or her needs (differentiate instruction).
- To encourage independence, self-discipline, and responsibility in the classroom.
- To devise lessons reflecting the pedagogical principles of Maria Montessori that address, as needed, state and county standards not covered by the Montessori curriculum.
- To plan and reflect with Montessori colleagues.
- To demonstrate excellent planning and record-keeping skills.
- Preferred experience teaching at the PK-6 levels. (New teachers also welcome but will work with a mentor/coach).
APPLICATION INFORMATION :
If you would like to apply to this position please follow these steps WHEN YOU APPLY ON THE APSVA.US WEBSITE.
- Log into your application and select the appropriate application If you are a new online application user, please register with the online system, then proceed to Step 2.
- Login to your application, select the appropriate application, click the Start Application button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Continue/Save button at the bottom of each web page until you reach the Employment Openings page of the application.
- On the Employment Openings page, click the Add Job button.
- Select the position you would like to apply for from the drop down list.
- Once you have finished selecting the job(s) click the Continue button at the bottom of each web page and submit the application. (You will need to complete the Applicant Testimony and Applicant's Authorization Statement every time you re-submit your application.)
- Click the Submit button on the left.
- Click the Submit Application button to finish applying for an APS position(s).
Arlington Public Schools (APS) is an inclusive community that empowers all students to foster their dreams, explore possibilities, and create their futures. APS ensures that all students learn and thrive in safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments.
Arlington County is a diverse, dynamic, and professional community located across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C. APS is 13th largest among Virginia’s 132 school divisions.