We are investing in growing our business and have plans in place to double our size in the next 4 years! As part of this, we are looking for a Principal Business Consultant with ERP implementation consulting experience to join our global Vantagepoint Consulting team. This role will support our growing Vantagepoint practice, which is the next iteration of our Vision product suite. In this role, you will work as both an individual contributor and team member to provide software implementation delivery services that ensure both quality work products and an integrated solution on budget and in a timely manner to our clients. To be successful in this role, you will be required to demonstrate a broad understanding of financial software solutions, industry best practices and software implementation knowledge.
This position will require you to operate independently and to demonstrate expertise in delivering functional and technical solutions on engagements applying Deltek methodology and best practices. You will lead or act as part of a team lead to direct the solution design and configuration to meet client business needs, as well as varied implementation aspects of the engagements in coordination with Project Management.
This is a revenue generating position with performance metrics tied to results and utilization.
What you will bring
In order to be successful in this role, we expect you to have worked for up to 10 years within the Architectural and Engineering industry, and at least 10 years working in a consultative capacity. We are ideally looking for specific knowledge in Core Accounting, Billing, G/L, AP, AR and Financial Reporting processes and best practices. We are also looking for a thorough understanding of financial business processes, ERP knowledge and Project/Resource Planning. Knowledge about Vision/Vantagepoint will be an advantage, but you should have proven experience in the following key areas:
* ERP project delivery both implementations and post live strategic support, including upgrades to Vantagepoint
* Provides consulting, training and information sessions (via phone, web, or in-person) to Deltek clients.
* Delivers high quality, relevant documentation in a timely fashion
* Shows clients how to apply best practices.
* Assesses and makes recommendations for business process workflow design or re-design to client and Deltek implementation team and leaders.
* Learns Deltek products, and keeps apprised of new products and enhancements to existing products.
* Works with management to identify and resolve client challenges.
* Uses a comprehensive and extensive understanding of Vision s products, data structure, data flow, and schema in resolving client issues to create successful clients.
* Presents essential concepts of Deltek s product line via scheduled classes, Web/Tele-conferencing or one-on-one consulting.
* Understands industry accounting principles and their application to the Deltek Vision product line.
* Handles objections presented by clients during training sessions.
* Works within budget and time frame requirements for completion of each project.
* Provides exceptional client service.
* Escalates scheduling conflicts to management.
* Logs each issue accurately, its cause and resolution.
* Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
* Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and entrepreneurship.
* Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with clients and co-workers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
* Respectfully takes direction from management.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or related program from four-year college or university.
* Vision experience in a multi-currency and multi-company environment
* 15 years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong understanding of, or experience with, accounting principles, project cost accounting and project management is required.
* Knowledge of architectural and engineering industry is beneficial.
* Knowledge of ERP solution implementation is required.
* Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.