CA Technologies, formerly known as Computer Associates International, Inc. and CA, Inc., is one of the largest independent software corporations in the world. CA for short, is an American, multinational, publicly held company headquartered in New York City. The company creates systems software (and previously applications software) that runs in mainframe, distributed computing, virtual machine and cloud computing environments.
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It?s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
* Job Overview*
This position is responsible to provide subject-matter expertise, thought leadership and solution/technical specialization within Blazemeter and/or across CA's products or solutions in a manner that best positions CA against our competition. The building of customer, partner and prospect relationships to better understand their business and IT challenges is absolutely critical to the success of this position. Must have experience using Apache JMeter.
* K**ey Responsibilities*
This position must be seen by the customer as bringing tangible value in terms of experience, knowledge and expertise with the Blazemeter software. This is achieved through a combination of broad real-world experience and IT industry-specific certifications. Overall, this position is responsible for delivering positive, quantifiable results for CA measured across five primary areas:
* * Customer Focus:* Effectively and compellingly communicate CA's key capabilities to address customer and partner needs
* * Financial Targets:* Meet or exceed CA's stated financial quotas and targets
* * Internal Business Processes:* Demonstrate mastery with CA's internal processes, systems and support structure
* * Professional Development:* Demonstrate high-level proficiency and skill
* * Leadership, Teamwork and Planning:* Collaborate with, and effectively run virtual team(s)
* Customer Focus*
* Assist the CA Customer Solution Architect, Channel Solution Strategist, and/or Business Unit aligned Solution Strategist and sales team in technically qualifying solutions and their benefits to customers and/or partners.
* Work closely with the account team and the customer or partner to obtain a deep understanding of the customer's technology needs or partner's offerings and architect a solution to meet them.
* Build relationships across customer's or partner's IT silos and offerings to understand, build, document and share our knowledge of their infrastructure, challenges and potential technical impact of planned projects.
* Understand and act as a valued resource early and often within the customer's decision making process (e.g.: during the idea or conceptual stages).
* Execute complex product integration demonstrations and proofs of concept, customizing the demonstrations as necessary to address the customer's specific needs and environment.
* Maintain a deep technical knowledge of the products developed by the business unit.
* Provide technical specifications and requirements documentation as necessary to support the proposed solution.
* Effectively position and present the benefits of CA's solutions and specifically how our solutions will support the client's technical and functional requirements.
* Provide technical leadership and oversight during Trials, Proof-of-Concept (POCs), complex demos, etc., as warranted.
* Ensure technical requirements required by the proposed solution are clearly communicated to and understood by the client and meet the client's expectations.
* Effectively communicate CA's key competitive differentiators, by solution as defined by CA product groups.
* Foster and build relationships with customers and partners to develop references.
* Strive to constantly improve the quality of all customer interactions.
* Financial Targets*
* Directly assist account teams in achieving financial targets via the opportunity planning process.
* Assist sales in accurately assessing and forecasting opportunities.
* Evaluate alternative options to execute opportunities by the most cost effective means without negatively impacting deliverable quality or customer's perceptions.
* Ensure long-term stability and sustainability of book-of-business.
* CA's Internal Business Processes*
* Coordinate internal/external resources to effectively pursue opportunities.
* Disseminate feedback to business units gained from client experiences and issues to facilitate product improvements or enhancements.
* Mastery of processes and tools for:
o Proposal Development
o Solution Architecture Overview
o Statement of Work (SOW) Development
o Need-based Sales Methodology
o Enterprise Management tools and accelerators (Profilers, Maturity Modeler, and Blueprints)
* Contribute constructive feedback for improvement and enhancement of above processes.
* Assist in the Partner Enablement process (partner selection, technical training and opportunity engagement).
* Marshal appropriate CA resources to effectively execute partner-led opportunities.
* Understand and adhere to compliance requirements and Code of Ethics.
* Typical Role Definition*
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Usually works with minimal supervision, conferring with a supervisor on unusual matters. May be assisted by (and at times direct) less senior level employees. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that may not be reviewed by superiors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. May play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company?s future direction.
* Job-Specific Authority and Scope*
* Generally works without consulting their manager.
* Independent decisions are made daily.
* Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
o Development of solution strategies and selection of technical components.
o Resolution of daily issues as the arise and escalation of larger issues
o Advise and counsel to account teams and sales management regarding solution approaches.
* Typically has no direct reports.
* Typically has no total staff.
* Typically has a geographic focus of Area (multi-country or multi-state).
* Typically does not manage a budget.
* Business Travel and Physical Demands*
Business travel of approximately 75 or more percent yearly is expected for this position.
* Office environment. No special physical demands required.
* Preferred Education*
Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or a related degree.
* Work Experience*
Typically 7 or more years of detailed technical industry related experience. Experience working with customers, sales personnel and/or customer services. Experience in the related industry disciplines and technologies and related application experience (i.e. Exchange, SQL, ORACLE & SAP as well as operating system administration). Experience resolving more complex technical issues and integration of multiple products to create solutions.
* Skills & Competencies*
* Key Competencies include:*
* * Customer Focus:* Act in ways that demonstrate customer focus and satisfaction by building effective relationships with customers, identifying, meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and by treating customers with dignity and respect.
* * Knowledge and Application of CA's Solution Sets:* Possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of CA's products and range of solution sets, how to identify the best possible solutions to meet customers' business needs and how to appropriately position CA solutions with customers.
* * Territory Management:* Manage territory, considering each and all accounts collectively; establish accurate plans and forecasts; prioritize efforts; generate short term results while holding a long-term perspective to maximize overall territory viability.
* * Effective Communication:* Deliver outstanding oral and written communications that are impactful and persuasive with their intended audience.
* * Industry Knowledge:* Possess in-depth knowledge of a given industry and relevant marketplace; can speak with authority, e.g., on industry trends, best practices, competitive practices, regulatory issues, etc.
* * Effective Selling:* Utilize solutions-oriented, systematic approach to selling, leverage mastery of sales best practices and CA's sales methodology.
* * Business Acumen:* Understand key aspects of business, e.g., business models and competitive positioning; also understand how business operates, including role of structure, systems, and processes; can speak in business language when applying professional expertise.
* * Financial Acumen:* Use in-depth financial analysis to make decisions..... click apply for full job details