Dell is committed to delivering the services, solutions and products our customers need to drive their business goals and suit their lifestyles. By listening to our customers, Dell continues to identify areas to expand our offerings, and in some cases, we have acquired outstanding companies with expertise in those areas. We hope to better serve the customers of the companies we acquire by preserving the characteristics that make that company successful, while leveraging Dell's strengths to grow the business and expand its offerings to Dell customers globally.
Principal Engineer, Solutions Architecture
Location: Remote US Based
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Engineer, Solutions Architect on our Federal Deploy Services team.
The Principal Engineer, Solutions Architecture designs, implements and configures Dell EMC products and solutions. Works closely with the customer on Dell EMC Best Practices; ensures Dell EMC solutions work as intended in the customer's environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and implements Dell EMC Data Protection solutions to help maximize their satisfaction with Dell EMC. Actively contributes to the design, layout, and configuration Dell EMC products
- Provides leadership as part of technical teams in the development of custom solutions
- Designs solutions as outlined by Dell EMC best practice documentation
- Installs Dell EMC hardware / software products as required. Performs complex hardware and software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Design Document and/or Project Manager direction
- Successfully manages relations with Customers utilizing leadership and influencing skills to achieve Customer mission requirements. Works closely with the Project Manager and provides team technical leadership on product implementations
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with Dell EMC colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations
- Stays current on technical specifications and hardware / software requirements of Dell EMC products, including new and soon to be released products
- May be required to support and train both Customers and less experienced Dell EMC team members
- Requires a minimum of 6+ years of related Engineering and Solutions Architecture experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Must possess a Top-Secret DOD Clearance (SCI Clearance highly preferred)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Dell EMC data protection including NetWorker, Avamar, Data Domain, or iDPA
- VMware Fundamentals
- Solid understanding and experience with TCP/IP networking
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Ability to configure network switches (Cisco, Dell)
- Advanced network skills
- VMware VCP
- Cloud Foundations in Azure, AWS, or VMware
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have what it takes to bring innovative new products and services to life in collaboration with world-class experts, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.