Nestled in Waltham, MA, Raytheon Company is an international technology and innovation firm in aerospace and defense, providing electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services for a wide variety of government and commercial customers. Besides its global business services segment the company runs four operations: Integrated Defense Systems; Intelligence, Information and Services; Missile Systems; Space and Airborne Systems. Working toward the goal of making the world a safer place, the company offers career paths to you if you consider yourself mission-driven who thrives on continual learning, big ideas and real challenges. Job openings are not only available for professionals, but also for recent graduates & interns; moreover the company offers a Relaunch Program, a unique opportunity for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking a career break. A comprehensive and competitive benefits package is accessible for you, containing elements of health care, income protection, investment/retirement and work/life benefits. As one of the earliest technology start-ups Raytheon was established in Cambridge, home of the Institute of Technology, as the American Appliance Company in 1922.
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an excellent opportunity within the Estimating & Pricing compliance organization for a Principal Proposal Analyst supporting the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business. This position will require extensive contact with all proposal team members, subcontractors, customers and Raytheon SAS Senior Management.The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate and communicate a thorough understanding of the current regulatory environment relative to the submission of cost proposals to the Government (FAR, DFARS, TINA, CAS).
- Perform thorough compliance audits of SAS cost proposals with checklist and analyze BOEs, BOMs, IOTs, and other supporting proposal artifacts as required to ensure reasonableness, adequacy, and compliance.
- Support DCAA/DCMA proposal audits, including all Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Facilitate and actively participate in the walk through of cost proposals for DCAA/DCMA. Research and analyze historical data and cost models as they relate to proposal compliance.
- Act as primary compliance auditor supporting California based E&P teams with ability to remotely support and audit other cross-country E&P teams as needed.
- Travel as needed to support proposal audits across all SAS locations.
- Participate in creation and presentation of Estimating & Pricing Training Material.
- Participate in the standardization of E&P policies across all SAS sites to impact proposal quality, cost realism, reasonableness, and compliance.
- Participate in cross business GBS collaboration and GBS Optimization projects.
- Prior experience Estimating & Pricing experience with demonstrable knowledge of FAR, DFARS, CAS, TINA, and Government Acquisition regulations
- Solid expertise with Sarbanes Oxley and its requirements as it relates to compliance issues.
- Must be able to effectively organize and lead teams to support SAS Estimating System maintenance, training, and consistency.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively resolve compliance concerns and communicate solution.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office ( esp., Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and communicate well with outside customers (DCAA/DCMA) as well as internal customers (e.g., Government Accounting, Cost Accounting, Supply Chain, Finance, Contracts, Program Managers, Proposal Managers) and Senior Management across Raytheon sites.
- Experience with FAR 15.408, Table 15-2 Government Cost Proposals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Prior experience developing cost proposals and providing negotiations support.
- Have a thorough understanding of Estimating Systems, corporate accounting structure and the ability to support SAS Estimating System audits
- Working knowledge of Raytheon pricing tools (e.g., ACES, eMCBid).
- Working knowledge of SAS E&P & Accounting structure and policy.
- Working knowledge of SAP (APEX/PRISM).
- Detail oriented.
US Citizenship Required:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting and a minimum of 6 years of experience
- This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.