Procurement Manager - Target Brand
What are we solving for?
- We are not resourced in terms of strategic / active procurement for $250m spend (separate from the buying roles - procurement is a different role)
- Need to be more proactive in terms of leading negotiation with suppliers based on strategy driven by the output from the ABCD work, link with the $36m service spend and the opportunities once the ERP system is in place.
- Delivering the vision that was presented to AMR/JM - sales - marketing - procurement (the optimal mix of margin, net pricing, rebates and stock)
Key purpose of the Procurement Managers role is to use ABCD analysis (aligned with sales and marketing) and in coordination with RNA to support and to lead negotiations with the key suppliers and to actively manage the relationships throughout the year to identify opportunities and mitigate risk.
The role reports to the Purchasing Director and ideally will sit in Michigan (covering both PEST and T&O). In summary to:
- Align procurement, sales and marketing to focus on higher margin products
- Own the documentation of the category / sourcing strategies to ensure alignment and delivery (compliance, savings tracking etc)
- Negotiate lower pricing on A (B) products using the lever of increased volume for the supplier (or the threat of reduced volume) & where relevant increased "share of wallet" within RNA
- Analysis to optimize commercial position and define a recommended strategy - proactive / action oriented (e.g. sales / purchasing / stock targets)
- Define and implement the sourcing plan from the buy to sell (inc. marketing)
- Driving the categorization process through recommendation to negotiated output
This role reports to Purchasing Director who owns the category - and under their leadership:
We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer! EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Link to Federal employment poster:
- Lead complex , cross-functional strategic sourcing activities ensuring the engagement and buy in from sales and marketing
- Coordinate and execute complex contract negotiations in collaboration with Legal, Finance and business stakeholders.
- Serve as internal and external reference point for Procurement related questions for assigned categories
- Research and analyze alternative products within categories so to be able to identify alternative products
- Research and analyze contracts and spend data to identify business opportunities
- Develop, and manage to, annual cost savings, working capital improvement, budgets and supplier performance targets set by the Procurement Director.
- Execute competitive RFI's/RFP's and lead on supplier negotiations as required
- Foster regular communication with stakeholders
- Apply a strategic approach vendor qualification, vendor selection, the development and implementation of global sourcing strategies, management of RFI's and RFP's, the negotiation and development of contracts, the identification and implementation of cost savings opportunities, working capital improvement and assistance with critical supplier performance issues
- Present the status of strategic sourcing projects, improvement initiatives and performance to budget to stakeholders (in particular rebates where we need to have clarity as to what is budgeted, LV, and received)
- Remain current on market and category trends in an effort to continuously implement improvements
- Manage allocated suppliers to drive quality standards, adherence to product specifications, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Improve working capital performance through the extension of payment terms
- Ensure compliance with regional and global procurement policies
- Build strong relationships between Procurement and other Function teams
- Foster and manage professional relationships with internal customers, suppliers and industry associations to garner best practices to continually enhance procurement methodology
- Exhibit strong interpersonal communication skills and change management skills, demonstrated by motivating a diverse group of internal customers to follow the optimum strategy
http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision