Jacksonville, Florida-based Winn-Dixie, a subsidiary of Southeastern Grocers, operates a chain of retail self-service food and liquor stores and in-store pharmacies in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Winn-Dixie’s goal is to offer customers a store they can trust - delivering quality, service and value. The store operator believes that its people are the greatest asset. Winn-Dixie seeks innovative and energetic individuals to join the Support Center team, or to deliver pleasant shopping experience in its stores and pharmacies. If you can identify yourself with this purpose, the company will help you grow your skills and build a rewarding career.
Apply Job Title: Produce-Floral Manager
Location: Retail Grocery Location Position Overview
The produce-floral manager will manage the daily operations of their assigned department. This position is accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) for their department and must use their leadership and merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound business decisions. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and appealing products, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere in the department. Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage inventory, production, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the preferences of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Ensure special orders and customer requests are fulfilled.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure sales and work area are clean and free from safety hazards.
- Responsible for scheduling department employees.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Proven experience in a SEG lead position in the produce-floral department; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the SEG store (customer service, fresh & grocery); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company?s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first? always by putting the customer?s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.