Working as Producers, we tend to the financial and business matters involved in making a movie, television show, or stage production. We oversee production and are responsible for the budget, timeline, and quality of the finished product. We hire staff for the production, such as the director, crew, and, the cast. We coordinate the activities of directors, writers, managers, actors, and other personnel throughout the production process. We raise money and set the budget and size of production. We are responsible for establishing management policies.
- find and launch a project
- oversee all elements of pre-production, production, and post-production, right up to release
- approve major production changes
- resolve personnel problems during the production process
- monitor post-production processes and ensure accurate completion of details
- perform management activities and oversee budgeting, planning, scheduling, and marketing
- conduct meetings with staff to discuss production progress and check-ins to ensure fulfillment of production objectives