The story of PRA Health Sciences would naturally talk about how we’ve become one of the world’s largest CROs. It would talk about our innovation and growth and would speak to our operational efficiencies and transparency. It would highlight our expertise and customization. And it would touch on the incredible differences we’ve made, over our more than 30 years, in helping to bring to market everything from niche treatments and therapies to blockbuster drugs.
More than anything else, our story would be about people. Not only our over 15,000 employees operating in more than 85 countries, though they’d certainly be a big part of it, but also the people that inspire them. The heroes of any PRA Health Sciences story are the clients we serve and the people whose lives we help improve, all over the world. And our story has only just begun.
A Product Manager is responsible for a product or service area throughout the product lifecycle including vision, requirements, deployment, and optimization. A given PRA product area typically includes the information systems and processes necessary to deliver the product or service to internal and/or external stakeholders. Product Managers work across functional departments to deliver products, system enhancements, and process change that increases efficiency, profitability, and client satisfaction. Product Managers typically report to a Director or Vice President.
- Facilitates the definition and prioritization of requirements, systems enhancements, and process improvement from user communities by leading systems management teams and regularly communicating with key stakeholders for the product area.
- Develops project proposals, presents proposals to the strategic technology office, determines the return on investment, and if approved, develops project charters.
- Partners with project managers to ensure that requirements are fulfilled, and the launch of the product or enhancement is successful.
- Participates in and develops stakeholder communications, user training, and product demonstrations.
- Develops product materials and collateral to increase internal and external adoption of systems and processes.
- Accountable for the management of product schedules, budgets, and achievement of objectives.
- May manage external vendors and/or contractors to deliver products.
- An undergraduate degree in life sciences, business, or information technology from an accredited institution or international equivalent degree is required.
- Strong project management experience is required, with an emphasis on driving projects forward.
- Prior CRO experience is ideal. Clinical trials experience is required.
- Experience with IXRS is highly desired.
- Experience conducting a system upgrade is ideal.
- Experience with ePRO/eCOA is desired.
- Issue management experience with vendors is important. Must be able to effectively escalate issues and problem-solve.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with patches, upgrades, and compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.
- Experience with MHRA and other regulatory agencies is desired.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience delivering process and system improvement in one or more of the following disciplines and/or functional areas:
- Drug Development, Early Development thru Post‐Marketing (phases I‐IV)
- Clinical trial/project development
- Data management
- Project management
- Safety Pharmacovigilance
- Financial management tools
- Resource management
- Regulatory compliance (ICH‐GCP)
- Quality Management (ISO, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Technology management
- Domestic travel of 5 – 10% is anticipated for governance meetings with vendors a few times per year and conferences.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.