Global Industrial has been providing private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies to businesses throughout North America. Their customers include small to large corporations, institutions, and government agencies as well as consumers. They carry In addition to their product offerings, their account management system provides functionality to export purchase reports, create spending caps, manage multiple payments and shopping lists, and customize reports. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax Inc. The World headquarters is located in Port Washington, New York. They frequently offer job opportunities in their different departments including production, sales, management, and others. The major benefits offered are Health insurance, 401K Plan, Vacation & Paid Time Off.
Global Industrial www.globalindustrial.com is a growing subsidiary of Systemax Inc. www.systemax.com, a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. For 70 years, we've been a leader in the direct marketing of private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies in North America. We carry over 1 Million items and products that are sold through our website, email campaigns, corporate relationships, affiliate marketing, telemarketing, special promotions and full-color catalogs.
- Responsible for sourcing to identify new items/trends within industrial equipment product lines.
- Analyze business (high volume, multiple categories) to determine product trends and design products to create an exclusive product line.
- Build strong relationships while negotiating with vendors on availability, product specs, distribution, delivery deadlines and pricing are fundamental aspects of the job, geared towards maximizing the company's profits and surpassing margin goals.
- Proven ability to build product lines in tune with merchandise strategies that grow sales and maximize business.
- Duties include day to day product management as well as sourcing new vendors/products based on targeted trends/categories.
- Recommend stocking programs to improve profitability & product lead time. Focus on overall customer satisfaction while maximizing gross margins and surpassing sales goals.
- Conduct competitive analysis to determine best pricing possible.
- Spearhead marketing campaigns by negotiating exclusive promotions with vendors externally & implementing special offers to customers via various marketing vehicles internally.
- Manage web presentations from banner ads, category structure, to model level marketing copy, imagery and specifications.
- Identify & implement private label opportunities.
- Print catalog production.
- Demonstrate extensive product & system knowledge.
- Responsible for broad product line that may have multiple Product Managers covering the products.
- Assist with training new employees & act as mentor for other Product Mangers.
- Assist with system enhancements to meet changing business needs.
- Typically Manage up to $50+ million in annual sales.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5 - 10 years of industrial products buying experience.
- Sound negotiating and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently, keen attention to details and deadlines.
- Website and catalog experience.
- Proficient in MS Word & Excel.
Who We Are
We've been around for a while, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of the Industrial Products Group, which includes GlobalIndustrial.com, GlobalIndustrial.ca/Avenue, C&H Government, Nexel Industries, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliated companies.
Global Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity to apply.
Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.
Department: Product Management
Location: Port Washington, NY, USA
Pay Type: Salary
Employment Type: Full Time