We believe in augmenting human intelligence, not replacing it.With good data and the right technology, people and institutions today can still solve hard problems and change the world for the better.In 2004, when we looked at the available technology, we saw products that were too rigid to handle novel problems, and custom systems that took too long to deploy and required too many services to maintain and improve.We saw automated approaches that failed against adaptive adversaries, and all-or-nothing access controls that forced organizations to make unacceptable trade-offs between collaborating and securing sensitive data from misuse.We saw a need for a different kind of technology, and we knew it would take a different kind of company to build it. That’s why we founded Palantir.
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us. The Role
Product Managers work side by side with Palantir's internal engineering teams to deliver product wins that transform entire industries. The problem space they tackle is wildly diverse and growing every day - ranging from enabling the discovery of new financial relationships and strategies in capital markets, to powering global humanitarian and disaster relief efforts, to uncovering fraud rings and cyber-attacks, and beyond. Product Managers may not all be engineers, but they are problem-solving experts who love engineering. They thrive in high pressure, chaotic situations, and love creating product in those environments.
As a Product Manager at Palantir, you'll lead efforts to develop new offerings that support products changing how entire industries solve their hardest problems. In this role, you'll work to deeply understand new domains (both subjectively and analytically) by spending time in the field with people who know the problem; you'll synthesize, articulate and drive a vision for how to tackle the problem; and you'll continually iterate with our engineering teams as we implement that vision to drive billions in value for our customers. You are as comfortable talking to senior executives as you are with front-line analysts at customer sites, and you excel at working with super talented teams to help them be even more successful.
- Synthesize hard, complex problems, develop product vision, and continually test your assumptions while driving your product vision to a successful manifestation.
- Engage with customers in order to develop a substantive understanding of their domain, hard problems, and perspectives on solutions.
- Drive operational excellence across your teams.
- Gather feature feedback and requirements for features under development, and work with engineers to prioritize feature work.
- Roadmap the future of the product in conjunction with the Engineering Team.
- Manage relationships with vendor & customers stakeholders.
What We Value
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, analytical tools, databases, and cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the people who will use what you're building.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time (e.g. to other Palantir offices, client locations, etc).
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's and for additional information.