As product marketing managers, we are responsible for the positioning, messaging, and branding of an assigned product (or products) of our organization. Our goal is either to introduce a new product or product feature to the market, or to enhance awareness of existing products. For this, we develop use cases, value propositions, and content such as website copy, brochures, sales presentations, etc. We work closely together with the product development team.
- creating use cases, user personas, messaging, content, and value propositions for assigned product(s)
- performing target market research and evaluating results
- identifying and securing market opportunities
- developing go-to-market strategies
- developing and leading product launch plans
- managing product roadmaps
- managing customer engagement and feedback