We believe in augmenting human intelligence, not replacing it.With good data and the right technology, people and institutions today can still solve hard problems and change the world for the better.In 2004, when we looked at the available technology, we saw products that were too rigid to handle novel problems, and custom systems that took too long to deploy and required too many services to maintain and improve.We saw automated approaches that failed against adaptive adversaries, and all-or-nothing access controls that forced organizations to make unacceptable trade-offs between collaborating and securing sensitive data from misuse.We saw a need for a different kind of technology, and we knew it would take a different kind of company to build it. That’s why we founded Palantir.
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, were passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As experts in the architecture, tooling and operations of Palantirs platforms, Product Reliability Engineers ensure that Palantirs mission-critical products are available to our customers 24/7. They provide direct developer and user support to Palantir engineers and customers as they scope, deploy, manage, and extend our platforms to solve challenging data problems. When something goes wrong, Product Reliability Engineers are the first to respond. They know what to do and if they don't, they figure it out. Product Reliability Engineers go beyond the root cause analysis to ensure that known issues are proactively mitigated across all systems.
As a Product Reliability Engineer Intern, youll on-board alongside full time PRE new starters and be expected to fulfill the same responsibilities as full time hires. In this role, youll receive the same mentorship and training as full time hires; a dedicated mentor will work with you through technical exercises designed to develop your technical understanding of our systems and show you how to use internal resources and tools to root cause and fix tough software issues. Youll collaborate with Forward Deployed Software Engineers and Developers daily and learn what it takes to keep large distributed systems running. From your second month in-role youll have ownership over your area of expertise, be responsible for resolving product issues, and develop strategies to monitor and prevent future instability.
As a Product Reliability Engineer Intern, youll need to be resourceful, analytical, and agile. Every day is different as Palantirs products and our customers problems are constantly evolving. Collaboration with customers, developers, and business teams is essential to resolving the most difficult and nebulous technical issues. You'll apply creativity and deep technical knowledge to convert what you know, and what you learn, into a better software product. Whatever the technical issue or question about Palantirs products, youll play a central and critical role in resolving it seeking not just a one-time fix, but a permanent solution.
For more information, please visit our Product Reliability Team page. https://www.palantir.com/careers/teams/product-reliability
- Become a Palantir Product Expert.
- Collaborate with the Forward Deployed Engineering and Product teams in the development and design of creative and reliable solutions for our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve issues encountered in the field.
- Provide education and guidance on configuring and working with Palantir products in order to prevent issues before they occur.
- Contribute to the end-to-end quality of the product by verifying fixes and advocating for improvements.
- Coordinate and manage customer contact for critical product issues.
What We Value
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to break down complex concepts with attention to detail.
- Comfort working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives.
- Ability to think creatively and define product and customer needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work both on a team and independently, and make decisions under minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel to other Palantir locations as needed.
- Must be planning on graduating in 2021.
- Experience with distributed computing systems and/or cloud infrastructures (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, YARN, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.) is a plus.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.