We, broadcast production editors, are responsible for reviewing and editing news videos and audios, to ensure they are persuasive and accurate. We also, ensure that productions to be aired have the minimum and optimal length that guarantees proper viewing for the station’s audience. The duty of supervising the production team lies with production editors, through monitoring the sound, design, lighting and the camera positions. We are expected to plan and ensure daily productions timelines are met, so that programs are aired at intended times. As production editors, we are responsible for nurturing and enhancing viewer retention and satisfaction through improving sound and audio effects, enhance video effects and graphics.
- managing program production timelines.
- brainstorming creative ideas to grow audience
- reviewing quality of new and existing programs for improvement
- supervising production crew members
- monitoring balance of video, lighting, sound and graphic effects