Lubrizol is a company that specializes in providing specialty chemicals for the industrial, transportation, and consumer market. Products include engine oil, lubricants, additives, diesel fuel, and many other products and chemicals. Lubrizol also makes additive for personal care products and pharmaceutical products. Lubrizol was founded in 1928. The headquarter of Lubrizol is in Wickliffe, Ohio. Lubrizol sells its products in more than 100 countries and has more than 8,000 employees worldwide. Lubrizol encourages and promotes diversity in the workforce. Lubrizol offers professional training and development opportunities to its employees. Lubrizol offers market competitive salary and benefits to its employees. Benefits offered by Lubrizol include paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k retirement plan, and various other monetary and non-monetary benefits.
Req ID: 51823
Vesta, a Lubrizol company is a contract manufacturer that specializes in producing thermoplastic extruded tubing and components for medical devices that are used in hospitals internationally. We strongly believe that it takes quality people to make quality products that are so important for everyday use, and we are always looking to expand our Vesta family. Vesta is located in Corona California which is located in Riverside County. We less than 30 miles away from the beach and Disneyland.
Vesta Corona, California location has a class 8 certified clean room, which is 17,000 square feet. We have 14 extrusion lines as well as co-ex lines. We are able to run multiple extruders which can produce a two layer, stripes and three layer extrusion.
JOB TITLE: Production Supervisor DATE: November 2019
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager DEPARTMENT: Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt DIRECT REPORT(S): Yes
WORK LOCATION: Corona, CA REVISED: November 20, 2019
A Production Supervisor supervises the manufacturing of thermoplastic extruded tubing products. Can supervise up to 50 employees through the assistance of departmental lead persons. Responsible for monitoring the daily production of assemblers and/or machine operators. Responsible for adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Documentation Practices (GDPs), and the manufacture of high quality products that conform to individual customer specifications. Monitors employee productivity, quality, efficiencies, teamwork, attendance and attention to detail. Completes timely employee performance reviews, and time and attendance reports. Responsible for effectively communicating with employees to maintain a healthy and positive working environment and union-free workforce. Investigates non-conformances and customer complaints regarding products and recommends permanent manufacturing improvements to correct and prevent recurrences. Production Supervisor can include Extrusion, Braiding and Secondary Operations.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Complete shift oversite including safety and wellbeing of all personnel and facility.
- Manage LEAN method and practice.
- Reinforce LEAN and reporting actions / needs / daily objectives, instill philosophies - i.e., SMED, Value Stream Team Execution, OEE, schedule attainment
- GDP, GMP compliance when conducting work routines
- Monitoring / Reporting of employees daily manufacturing ensuring production of rate / volume, quality, yield coupled with risk / cost avoidance management of non-conforming product whereby minimization of NCRs with concentration placed on limiting non-value added work i.e., re-runs and sorting, excess waste.
- Works closely with Planning / Scheduling department to ensure that customer orders are shipped in a timely manner.
- Managing performance efficiencies and performance of employee workforce through effective communication and timely performance management.
- Work with engineering to diagnose manufacturing problems and recommending corrective and preventive actions where appropriate.
- Reinforce adherence / compliance / training to all SOP s pertaining to core operations tasks by department.
- Reinforce adherence / compliance / training to all Work Instructions for focused task execution
- Ensures employee training records are accurate and kept up to date.
- Performs or coordinates training effectiveness verification.
- Works on maximizing improvement targets and efficiencies product and process work with his or her people.
- When appropriate, reporting of manufacturing inventories and scrap of key goals and objectives.
- Develop Value Stream Department Lead Persons to act as supervisory assistants in running manufacturing.
- Team with Quality Control Department in the disposition of non-conforming product and resolution of quality problems.
- Identify opportunities for Value Improvement Projects (VIP s) to reduce manufacturing costs with other LEAN members, sponsors and stakeholders.
- As required, work with product development function and process engineering to ensure smooth transition of R&D product to production.
- Maintains standards for housekeeping, ergonomics and safety at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
DIRECT and INDIRECT REPORTS - 2nd Shift - All Available or Working Areas
- Machine Operators
- Department Leads
- Braiding Operators
- Secondary Operations Technicians
- Packaging Operators
- Successful completion of four-years of high school, or equivalent, plus completion of two years of college or graduation from a two-year technical college with an associate s degree (bachelor s degree preferred) with a concentration in either manufacturing, operations, engineering or business manufacturing.
- Five to seven years of experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with deploying LEAN. Lean Manufacturing Green Belt Certification or higher preferred.
- Experience with case studies, statistics and mathematical analysis and conclusion. Understanding and use of Software tools familiarity of use - i.e., product / process analysis equipment (Microsoft, MiniTab, Zumbach, MicroVu, Pivot tables).
- Able to effectively make presentations in both large and small group settings.
- Experience Supervising personnel in a medical device manufacturing setting to include distribution of work, scheduling, training, answering of questions related to work, assistance in problem solving, performance management and discipline.
To perform job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required/preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts
- Able to calculate product cost breakdowns such as: piece per hour, hours per piece, total cost of manufacture, piece part cost, machine and manufacturing cycle times, manufacturing costs by operation, machine, equipment capacity and efficiencies.
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and effective human interaction skills.
- Flexible to change, and possess a high degree level of integrity and can do attitude .
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals.
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
- Able to work all shifts as required by management.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; ma