Top Required Skills:
Must have OBM (Operations Bridge Manager) or previous version experience (OMI)
The IT Operations Tools team is responsible for the implementation and support for “Client’s” monitoring tools for network, systems and applications. Primary users of these tools are “Client’s” ENOC, various operations teams, and emergency command centers (ITCC, PSPS, WSOC).
“Client” is upgrading its existing Systems Monitoring platform from BSM to Operations Bridge Manager (OBM). This system is used by the ENOC for monitoring and event consolidation for over 7,500 systems. This position will report to the Supervisor, IT Operations Tools, and be part of his team performing the upgrade to Operations Bridge Manager.
The successful candidate must have a strong understanding of system monitoring and event management technologies associated with large scale enterprise environments. This person should have a wide variety of knowledge related to managing server equipment across a range of vendors (e.g. Windows, Linux) using enterprise class monitoring tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following. The list is not all inclusive and additional tasks may be assigned to the candidate.
- OBM/APM Administration – Monitor the general health of the OBM/APM system. Ensure Application Mappings (RTSM) via CMDB Integration (Seamless Data Pump from Atrium) are working properly.
- Meeting with System and application owners for new monitoring requirements.
- Provision monitoring for system related devices (e.g. servers, physical/virtual/appliances)
- Provide client support and training.
- Configure tool integration with Remedy, APM, SCOM, via OpsConnectors, SOAP, REST, Custom API’s.
- Project Issue Support – provide troubleshooting and support for sysMon tools. Log support tickets with vendor, install patches and hotfixes.
- Vulnerability Management – Review and install new patches on servers.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proficient in Installation, Configuration, Upgrade of OBM, APM, OMi, SiteScope, BPM, OpsConnectors.
- Proficient in Planning for installation Hardware, Software, Sizing, etc.
- Proficient in Integrating SiteScope with OBM with help of OM agent.
- Proficient in supporting OBM/APM and SiteScope for system monitoring including Window and non-Windows (Linux, AIX)
- Proficient in supporting BPM/vuGen for End User Monitoring
- Familiarity with Remedy – creating, working incident, change and work order tickets.
- Certificate Management
- Familiarity with supporting monitoring tools for Linux, AIX and Windows systems
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT Networking, Security or another related technical degree
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 5 years’ experience directly supporting the administration of systems monitoring tools in a large enterprise environment
- 5 years’ experience directly supporting OBM/OMi/BSM/APM RTSM (and/or DDM/uCMDB), and SiteScope
- Proficient in utilizing and supporting IT Monitoring tools in a large enterprise environment.
- Proficient in supporting OBM/APM and SiteScope for system monitoring including Window and non-Windows (Linux, AIX).
- Proficient in supporting and generating scripts in BPM/vuGen or LoadRunner for End User Monitoring.
- Creating and maintaining alert integration between SiteScope and OBM.
- Creating service maps and models in RTSM.
- Managing product licenses.
- Review and install new patches on servers.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and application teams (Windows, UNIX, Network, Application etc.) & Micro Focus Support.
- Knowledge of Python, PERL, Groovy or other programming languages common to monitoring tools.