FilmLA is a 501(c)4 not-for-profit public benefit organization and film office. It is located in California. Its mission is to create innovative content for its viewers. It provides film permits, production planning, research, and an online permit system. It offers competitive wages and a broad array of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, AD&D insurance, healthcare spending account, commuter benefits, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, and a 401k retirement plan. It also provides an employee assistance program. It is providing employment opportunities for the accounts receivable clerk, HR generalist, solution service specialist, production coordinator, and other positions.
Full Time Temporary (10 - 12 months) Position
- Maintain and monitor project plans and project schedules.
- Organize, attend, and participate in project meetings and facilitate project status meetings for smaller projects.
- Document and follow-up on risks, important actions and decisions.
- Manage day-to-day project tasks.
- Prepare presentation materials for meetings.
- Prepare weekly status reports.
- Ensure project deadlines are met.
- Publish project artifacts to team members and ensure all project artifacts are maintained and organized in Microsoft Teams.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in business or related field of study, or certification in project/product management.
- Three years experience in related field.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee or applicant shall be subjected to discrimination or harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
FilmLA is a private, 501(c)4 not-for-profit organization established for the public benefit. We coordinate and process permits for on-location motion picture, television and commercial production under contract to an ever-increasing roster of public-sector clients in the Los Angeles region. All permits are issued by the authority of and in accordance with the policies of each client jurisdiction.
We function differently than the typical film office or film commission. Most such entities are publicly-funded government agencies focused on promoting their regions to the film industry. FilmL.A. was created when the City and County of Los Angeles decided to privatize their film permit offices, allowing more flexibility in providing services to production companies and local communities.
Although FilmL.A. is funded primarily by permit coordination fees paid by production companies, ongoing community relations is a key component of the service we provide. We work to strike a balance between the needs and interests of the entertainment industry and the neighborhoods affected by on-location production.
In today's highly competitive, global entertainment production market, our services help the Los Angeles region retain its status as the entertainment production capital of the world.